PDA

View Full Version : 2 wheeled lovers

portland250r
03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
i was around today and overheard someone say trikes are gay and quads are gay.
makes me want to blow dirt in their face on the 250r.

anyone encountered someone like that before?

in the past i heard another person say if its over 2 wheels then the persons a pu##y

Mr_RPM
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM
everyday with my neighbor, lol but i get him back. just dont let him know it bothers you. just remember, your not riding a trike mainly for performance or racing reasons. your riding a trike because you ride with style, class and trikes are vintage and way cooler. trikes are like classic cars, people just think they are cool and neat. you may not beat him on the track, but your riding with style

3wheelmecca
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM
yeah, I have gotten in 2 or 3 fights resulting in the agressor with a broken nose, since i got pushed or my vehicle messed with. I like all vehicles really, I own 3 dirt bikes, 4 trikes, and no quad, but I like them equally. Usually I just wait until they dump their bikes, then I just laugh and ride away. Don't let it get under your skin, its opinion. Anyone can say things, its just the human condition.

portland250r
03-17-2010, 10:07 PM
i have beat every dirt bike lover who raced me on my 250r.

i have a little trake with lots of turns.
when i race bigger dirt bikes i get through all the turns faster and win

even worse with smaller bikes like the 125 i get around faster and when it comes to opening the throttle i leave them out of sight

Mr_RPM
03-17-2010, 10:12 PM
but even without winning 3 wheelers are cooler, you dont need to win. trikes turn heads and people point and say "thats cool" dirtbikes are a dime a dozen and most of the time are invisable

you have something special, they don't

3wheelmecca
03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Its like they are saying DeLoreans are gay, In this context DeLorean=Trike. I dig them, its unique and I do not care what others think. I like DeLoreans as well.

TheRealFatShady
03-17-2010, 10:35 PM
This is the same as any argument/disagreement. It's not specific to off road vehicles, they are just the topic of conversation for this particular argument. Like this thread says, it's part of the human condition.

Generally people bash what they don't have or don't know about. Some will get defensive and insult you for 'needing' to ride with - in essence - 'training wheels' (yet I fail to see their logic, given that trikes are also 'supposedly' the most dangerous and likely to tip over). To me, personally, if I want full speed, I will ride my dirtbike (YZ250, 2 stroke). If I want to have fun riding over anything at all, I will use my trike or quad. I like the three wheeler most as it is unique.

And I have 3 quads, 3 dirtbikes, and several trikes. I don't 'not' like any one of them. I'm sure if I wanted a really fast three wheeler, I would get a 350x/250r or put my GSXR engine in a frame I make. However, I love the thrill of riding the three wheeler. Whether it's sliding around ice-covered parking lots in winter, or riding through the woods to get to my favorite fishing spot.

People are always going to argue and bicker about which item/gear/parts are best, but the fact is, if you're enjoying yourself - on whatever you so choose to be on - then nothing else should matter.

portland250r
03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
im not offended.
i just thought id share what i heard

mattb348
03-17-2010, 11:01 PM
i was around today and overheard someone say trikes are gay and quads are gay.
makes me want to blow dirt in their face on the 250r.

anyone encountered someone like that before?

in the past i heard another person say if its over 2 wheels then the persons a pu##y

Ummmm what is wrong with trikes? Mine may have 3 wheels but I swear that I literally use 2 wheels more than I use 3 wheels. I'm a big wheely-a-holic.... :)

I did the same thing with the quads that I owned, so I guess those were 2 wheelers as well :)

I used to have a KX500 that made a great unicycle, but I actually like 3 wheelers better; more stable when doing wheelies....

Speaking of KX500, why not just make a Tecate 500, and smoke anything other than an actual KX500 I'm guessing? man I want a tecate 500 :) I'd love to see anyone on a yfz/trx/ltr 450, raptor 660/700, 250 or 450 dirt bike, or most banshees beat a Tecate 500 :)

mattb348
03-17-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm sure if I wanted a really fast three wheeler, I would get a 350x/250r or put my GSXR engine in a frame I make.

I want a hayabusa trike :)

honda200x1987
03-17-2010, 11:38 PM
When I bought my 1987 ATC200X about a month ago, I was going through town and it was turning heads. I pulled up to a gas station and three younger guys come up to look at it and said ,"Man! That is so kool looking!" They had never seen an 87 200X before and I could tell they were really amazed by it. They talked about their 4 wheelers and said they would give it up for one of those... anyways I would bet if Honda would make them again sales would go through the roof. or aleast make their 4 wheelers more enticing. They all look the same anymore if you ask me. They don't look like fun, the fenders stick streight up in the air, all of the sport ATVs do. Back in the 80's you could spot a honda or yamaha or kawasaki a mile off. these days you can't tell them apart unless you get right up on them. If they don't make the ATC again which they probably won't but I think if honda would do like the car companies, like bringing back the mustand,charger etc. Honda should take the look of the 1987 atc200x,86 250r ,350x. and use the same fender styles and color,seats stickers and bring back that retro look. There is not a 4 wheeler on any of the big 4 showroom floors that jump out at me. I have not seen a 4 wheeler that made me go,,"man I got to have that" since 1986 when the new TRX250R was introduced, hell, they should bring that look back, Who designs these ATVs these days anyways dayum.. I would buy a new 4 wheeler if it was awsome looking. Don't get me wronge I am a HARDCORE 3 wheeler addict. lol

portland250r
03-17-2010, 11:53 PM
lmfao they got yet to beat a 250r.
the only one that can beat a 250r is a banshee.
the 450 would have to be topped out just to keep up with a 250r
and a raptor is even slower then a yfz 450.
but if your on a track the 450 has just as good of chance.

portland250r
03-17-2010, 11:56 PM
When I bought my 1987 ATC200X about a month ago, I was going through town and it was turning heads. I pulled up to a gas station and three younger guys come up to look at it and said ,"Man! That is so kool looking!" They had never seen an 87 200X before and I could tell they were really amazed by it. They talked about their 4 wheelers and said they would give it up for one of those... anyways I would bet if Honda would make them again sales would go through the roof. or aleast make their 4 wheelers more enticing. They all look the same anymore if you ask me. They don't look like fun, the fenders stick streight up in the air, all of the sport ATVs do. Back in the 80's you could spot a honda or yamaha or kawasaki a mile off. these days you can't tell them apart unless you get right up on them. If they don't make the ATC again which they probably won't but I think if honda would do like the car companies, like bringing back the mustand,charger etc. Honda should take the look of the 1987 atc200x,86 250r ,350x. and use the same fender styles and color,seats stickers and bring back that retro look. There is not a 4 wheeler on any of the big 4 showroom floors that jump out at me. I have not seen a 4 wheeler that made me go,,"man I got to have that" since 1986 when the new TRX250R was introduced, hell, they should bring that look back, Who designs these ATVs these days anyways dayum.. I would buy a new 4 wheeler if it was awsome looking. Don't get me wronge I am a HARDCORE 3 wheeler addict. lol

only thing keeping honda from bringing back trikes in my opinion is those pos idiots who just go and buy the biggest and baddest then hurt themselfe and sue honda.

QCR77
03-18-2010, 12:15 AM
i think most of the time you dont have to "defend" a trike cause everyone thinks theyre so sweet. if i ever did want to banter with someone claiming that 3wheelers are for p*****s , i'd just mention the fact that theyre so hardcore they BANNED them. lol
i brought my trikes down here to the coast and as soon as we pulled on to the beach, no joke- 75% of all the peoples heads were turning. it was unbelievable. very proud moment for me. people coming up at the gas stations, neighbors , friends. this older guy came out of his backyard today and told us not to ride in the field we were in cause the farmer had just planted. we said we're so sorry and before we knew it the guy was telling us all about his big red and so on.

trikes are the sh#t - bottom line

250sx25
03-18-2010, 08:33 PM
It's like my dad told me when i started riding so he borrowed an atc70 and told me if i can ride a threewheeler i can ride anything in this world

portland250r
03-19-2010, 04:01 AM
It's like my dad told me when i started riding so he borrowed an atc70 and told me if i can ride a threewheeler i can ride anything in this world

lmao its like the next day he puts you in a fighter jet.

portland250r
03-19-2010, 04:06 AM
To me, personally, if I want full speed, I will ride my dirtbike (YZ250, 2 stroke).

my 250r rips all those yz 250's a new ass in drags.

i also like all 3. dirt bikes atvs and trikes.

i ride dirt bikes too.