PDA

View Full Version : I need just a bit of help, please?

thesandman12312
03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I just got ahold of my first ATC and I have absolutley no clue what i'm doing and just need a bit of help. I have a 1984 Honda 200s and there is NO spark. I've tested all of the wiring and the coils in the way you normaly would or is there a different way to test them on an ATC. If its all the same then all are good. I'm thinking maybe somewhere on the Regulator but is there any way to test this? It's a 1984 Honda 200s. Any help i can get is deeply appreciated.
Thank you,
Tyler

J-roc
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Bad spark plug, CDI box or your stator coils are rusty or fried, kill switch is selected to kill or is damaged? Check primary stator coil and spark coil with a digital ohm meter. Can't test CDI without having another known working one or a bike to try it in..

Howdy
03-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I just got ahold of my first ATC and I have absolutley no clue what i'm doing and just need a bit of help. I have a 1984 Honda 200s and there is NO spark. I've tested all of the wiring and the coils in the way you normaly would or is there a different way to test them on an ATC. If its all the same then all are good. I'm thinking maybe somewhere on the Regulator but is there any way to test this? It's a 1984 Honda 200s. Any help i can get is deeply appreciated.
Thank you,
Tyler

Do a search here for "Exciter coil" and you should find quite a few threads where we have testing spec's and other spark issues already posted.
Howdy

MonroeMike
03-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome.

Electrical starts on page 14-0.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/Manuals/ATC%20manuals/ATC200S%2084-86%20Shop%20Manual.pdf

Silverado
03-17-2010, 09:40 AM
keep it super simple, toss in a new spark plug or use some fine grain sandpaper and give it a small rub over the spark plate.

200XMichigan
03-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Feel the plug wire. I had an old Trail 90 that had a break in the spark plug wire.

TheRealFatShady
03-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm having the same problem. I've replaced the coil/plug wire, plug, black box (CDI or regulator?), pulse generator assembly all from my working 200s. Still no spark at all. No cuts/breaks in wires, and kill switch is disconnected.

I'm thinking the stator could be bad. I don't have a wheel puller, so I may have to make one or buy one. Keep us posted if you get yours sorted out, and I'll do the same.

Yamaha_Rules69
03-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I know you havnt been reading and following the manual, because if you had, you would know that the black box is the CDI and not a regulator. The CDI rarely goes out, unless physical damage is noticed. Follow the manual, it gives you a trouble-shooting section for the electrical system. It comes in very hand most times I have used it. You may be forgetting somthing, so just read the manual. Good luck!