PDA

View Full Version : 86 Tecate carb

tmecars
08-25-2003, 06:42 PM
:?:
Does anyone have a diagram showing the complete carb assembly for an 86 T3? Im having a hard time getting mine started after dumping it in a few feet of water. Like the tech tip of the day posted earlier, I think I should completely disassemble it and clean the jets really good. Im not the best guy with a set of tools so I really need that diagram before I start tearing stuff apart!

thanks

T

TeCaTe_MaN
08-25-2003, 07:26 PM
the kawasaki webpage has info like that....breakdowns of all the bikes, i know they have tecate diagrams because i recently printed out some 85 tecate stuff from there.... ;)

www.buykawasaki.com

i got this from there

200x Basket
08-28-2003, 09:36 AM
i read the post you made on the other site. i hate to say this but you may have big problems. first you need to make sure you are getting spark at the plug. next you need to run a compression test. while getting water in a carb will stop your trike from running it should be fine once you drain the gas and water from it. if dirt did get into the carb then it also got into your engine. now here is the bad news. water does not compres like the gas and air vapor that is normally there. the water will be just like a rock when the piston gets to the top of the cylinder. the force of the spining crank will shatter pistons and break/bend rods. it can even bend a crankshaft. i hope this is not your case but it aint looking good.

dont you live in texas?

later
chris