PDA

View Full Version : Tiger 500 History?

Vealmonkey
03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
This may be long winded, but here goes. As you know, I have Erectordales Tiger 500. Also the fenders on the 500 are original and a little banged up, and pieced back together, but have the decals of "TruWay Racing" on them. Well, HondaHarry pm'ed me the other night with a cool video off youtube of a 6 wheeled springer buggy with the "TruWay Racing" logo and the same number on my 500, 55x! There is a section to contact the video maker so I did and asked him about TruWay Racing. Well this morning he wrote back. He regretted to tell me the former owner of TruWay Racing had passed, but his brother and son are still alive and he is in contact with them! He asked if it was ok to forward my info along and to post on the 6 wheeled website he posts on. I emailed him back and told him it would be appreciated if he passed the info along and I sent him pics of the 500 with the TruWay decals on it. How cool is this? I hope that I may get a response or 2 with pictures or stories or what have you on the history of my 500. I'll keep you all up to date on what I hear. I know Bill (OC) will probably be diggin on this as well as other Tiger owners on here. I don't mean to bore anyone with this, I just thought it may be cool if I could find out some history of the trike and maybe get some old racing pics or something. My Tiger will never be 100% original if you guys know the story, but it still seems to me like it would be cool to know some more about it. I hope you all don't mind if I share this. I would post the youtube video here, but not sure if it would be kosher since it's a 6 wheeler and not a trike. If Billy or another mod says it's cool, than I'll post a link to the video.

seadoo650
03-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Yes, It's ok to post the video. If fact...I insist! It's cool to learn some of the History of our trikes. Especially the Tigers. I wish I knew some of the history of the Wife's racer X.

Vealmonkey
03-14-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVHK8kJozBM
Here is the video with the 6 wheeled springer racer buggy with the TruWay Racing decals on it. Permission by
seadoo650. This is what got the whole story started. Enjoy the video.

mopar_man
03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
That buggy is cool! It looks like it would be a blast to drive. Thanks for sharing.

shortline10
03-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Neat stuff . keep us updated .

seadoo650
03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
That's one scary/cool looking machine. Good luck in your history search and please keep us updated as it developes.

dcreel
03-14-2010, 01:36 PM
I love stories like this, keep us posted.

Dirtcrasher
03-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Awesome story! I can't believe you found the family :beer

I too hope they have some old pics to share. Back then, we just didn't have cameras so easy to use and upload to our PC. I climbed so many crazy hills with my old Toyota truck! I wish so bad I had them........ But, I do have a video somewhere of me flipping it over in the mud and merely laughing about it with 55 payments to go!!

atc350xer
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
that thing would be awesome in the mud, eh?

bandito90
03-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Really cool Pat!Hope you get some good information from them.So when are you going to buy a buggy like that or some other six or eight wheeler?

Vealmonkey
03-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't have a room big enough for one to fit in! LOL You probably have a couple up around your way. And Timmy, TruWay Racing was up in PA so this Tiger 500 spent some time up around you and Bruce!

bandito90
03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Actually,Pat there was a kid at school who's dad sold a few of them.I would like one if I had the room.Where in Pa was TruWay?I'm also sure six wheelers are on the ban list at Blue27's garage.Along with Polaris,Ford and Harley.LOL

Vealmonkey
03-14-2010, 11:37 PM
I've already heard from a surviving relative of the owner of TruWay RV in western Pa who sponsored or originated the TruWay Racing team. Apparantly they started in the early 70s with the 6x6 buggys from stock to hand built and somewhere along the way had a trike or some trikes. I'll post more as I receive info. Sadly the original owner and his brother have passed, but there are surviving family members and at least 1 is still active in some kind of atv racing. The active family members cousin emailed me and said he hadn't seen the Tiger 500 since he was 10 and he's 31 now. I've posted a thread on the 6x6 website with pictures of the 500.

HondaHarry
03-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Sorry to hear that members of the family have passed on. But its good to see you are getting some positive feedback. Nice to know about the history of any machine, makes it much more special.
Hope you get to hear some great stories, and bring back good memories. Pictures would just be Icing on the Cake! Lets hope for the best! Condolences to the surviving family members. Good luck with
your adventure! It goes without saying that I cant wait to learn more! :) HH

JohnR.
03-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Definitely an interesting story. Keep us updated.

xrider
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
very very cool!

SWIGIN
03-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Neat story Pat!

If you think of it, ask if they did any district 6 Mx racing. I for some reason seem to remeber seeing that name before.

Bryan Raffa
03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I have Erectordales Tiger 500. Also the fenders on the 500 are original and a little banged up, and pieced back together, but have the decals of "TruWay Racing" on them.

I was there for that one..:eek: thanks for shareing.. heres a picture of me and dale drag racing, you can add that to the history..lol

this was a few runs before he fliped it mid way down the track..

chopracing
03-15-2010, 09:56 PM
tru way racing does flat track nationals on a 450r honda.

i talk to him a couple times a year. he sponcers a couple local hare scramble/ gncc riders as well. really good guy.