PDA

View Full Version : '86 Atc 125 Hard To Shift

junjun01
08-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi...I'm New To The 3wheels Thing, IGot A Question My Atc Shifts Very Easy When Not running But When Engine's Running It's Very hard To Do It. I Have To kick down On The lever To Shift Or Do It By Hand: Someone Told Me That There's Is Adjustment Screw < Can Anyone Help Me..
Thank You.

brokdown
08-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Sounds like the clutch is too tight, there's an adjustment screw on the right side of the motor, should have a black rubber cap on it.....I can't remember how to adjust it exactly, and my book is out in the shop....But that'll get you in the right direction I believe. Someone correct me if I'm misleading.......TTT for you

TG
08-25-2003, 11:25 AM
Yep, clutch will do it in a hurry, either set wrong or warped plates. Having it idle too fast or hanging up idle speed after decelerating wont help either in an unsynchronised transmission, but Id go for clutch first.

hondaATCman
08-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Your clutch is set too tight. Mine did the same thing. Here's how to adjust it:

1. Remove the rubber cap from the right crankcase cover (if there is no rubber cap, don't worry about it)

You will see a nut and the clutch adjusting screw inside it.

2. Loosen the locknut

3. Turn the adjuster screw clockwise one full turn.

4. Then, turn the adjuster screw counterclockwise until a little resistance if felt, then stop.

5. Turn the screw clockwise 1/8 turn

6. Hold the adjuster screw in this position and tighten the clocknut with an open end wrench. Make sure the adjuster screw doesn't move when you're tightening the locknut.

7. Ride your machine around a little bit and readjust if nessary.

If you can't get it set right, your clutches are worn and need replaced.

Hope that helped,