PDA

View Full Version : Big Red gas tanks

8586bigred
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have picutures of their Big Red's with plastic tanks? I have one and I like the original look of the metal tank and i have tried those liner kits but they dont seem to last. I cant afford a good condition metal tank. I want to see if i can convince myself to buy a plastic one. I am building this Big Red from the ground up and I am trying to do it as authentic as possible. please help. thanks in advance.

mopar_man
03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
What tank liner kits have you tried?

8586bigred
03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
KREEM tank lines is what i have used

mopar_man
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
That's probably why you've had problems then. I've never heard good things about that product. POR15 is what I would use. I've heard all kinds of good things about it and I'll be buying one shortly. They even make a tank kit to remove previous Kreem jobs.

trikes4life
03-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I got a clark tank for my buddy a few years ago for his 86 BR, and we put the tank decals on it and you would never know the differences 5 feet away and they dont dent at all, and never rust.

8586bigred
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I am worried i have spent a lot of time and money on this bike and I dont want my work to go in vain when one of those pin holes comes back and leaks gas all over all my hard work and paint. i will be very upset. I guess i will get a plastic tank and not worry and keep hopin for a good metal tank. I would still like some pics. any help?