PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a kicker for an 87 200X

willrideanythin
03-11-2010, 01:09 AM
I found a kicker for 87 200x in my inventory. Its from a TRX250 ute. It fits right on and seem to work better then new. With the kicker being a back up starter on the mid 80s TRX250, They should be easy to find, Cheap, and tight. All I did was install on the shape, Place the bolt in the kicker and slide the kicker all the way out, Then tighten the bolt and you have a cheap OEM looking kicker.

I am the man, I think. 86 guys I have nothing for you, You are screwed.:naughty:

code200k
03-11-2010, 09:56 AM
this should be in the classifieds

willrideanythin
03-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Why, Im not selling I just discovered it. Do you see a price?

Dirtcrasher
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM
You didn't discover either....... :lol:

Guess who did and how long ago?? But, it's ok to remind them :D

It fits and looks great, but it sits away from the fender a little bit.....

Everyone seems to need the 86 kicker which seems odd aside that so many more 86 200Xs were produced.

It's the shaft that breaks but they should still have the kicker.....

willrideanythin
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
OK I didnt discover, Rediscovered it. Dang-o I really thought I was onto something. O well. Mine touches the fender, But its a Maier set up. I wish it say away from the fende, But Ill just put the little rubber piece back on.

code200k
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Why, Im not selling I just discovered it. Do you see a price?

the title and wording made it seem like it was an for sale ad.

Dirtcrasher
03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
The Mojave fits the 86 splines, I'm sure a few others do too.

I always had good ones, it may have been Erics350X that found that out 1st, I forget.

Many of the splines are identical with only about 3 diameters being used on most models. There have to be others that can be modded to work............

The blaster kicker looks to be a similar diameter to an 86 200X, (I'm unsure of the spline count though). Also, it is face bolted and not "clamped" onto the shaft. If the splines are in fact the same, you could slice the Blaster knuckle and do some fab work on there. You still have to create a way for it to open and lock for a forward kick unless it's short enough to clear the rear fenders - Blaster kickers are pretty short, who knows? The other option would be to thread the shaft internally and create a shoulder in back for the kicker to stop against. However, they are already only about 17MM and thats why they break; Drilling a hole in the shaft won't help that breakage, I think it would increase it.

They are both only about 85$ and available so I would just buy a new one and be done with it. In wet environments, take it apart and grease it every 6 months, run the decomp cable and your golden. :D

EDIT - You guys can switch to the 87 shaft, but, you need the guts and the 87 clutch cover or machine yours to fit the 2-3MM larger shaft........

There are maybe 20 - 30 changes from 86-87 200X, most are small insignificant changes. Very easy to make an 86 an 87, the frame is 100% identical.

willrideanythin
03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Ill have some extra kickers in the for sale section, But if I get a Blister kicker in do you want a PM? I can send it your way to see what you can do.