PDA

View Full Version : honda 110 rear bearings and seals

racer....X
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM
I recently bought an 83 110 that had the rearend apart.I ordered a moose bearing and seal kit for it. The problem is on the brake side. When I put the seal in the carier, it does not set in deep enough for the brake backing plate to fit in.The backing plate has a lip on it that hits the seal and is about a 1/4 inch from going in.Is there a different seal I need for this side? It will go on with out the seal so im thinkin there is a smaller seal that fits in the backing plate lip but not sure.

racer....X
03-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Dosent anyone know what im talking about?

tri again
03-12-2010, 05:08 AM
no idea what the old ones look like, eh?

I've got one 110 rear that is coming apart this wkend.

Will post as soon as I find something but hope you get it done before that.

Goodluck

Vealmonkey
03-12-2010, 05:20 AM
What you are saying doesn't make sense. The backing plate should be to the outside of the where the bearing carrier or seal is. The only part that should even be close to the seal would be the base of the brake drum itself. That is why more than likely no one answered you.

racer....X
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
The backing plate has a lip on it that fits inside the carrier.The outside diameter of the lip is the same size as the outside diameter of the new seals. In the bucket of parts I got with it there was a seal that seems to fit inside of the lip. It looks to me that this backing plate goes with thie lip inside the carrier against the bearing. Unless someone else in the past had it together wrong because you can see where the nuts used to be on it.So does the backing plate go with this lip to the inside towrds the brakes??