PDA

View Full Version : spark arrestor

p26575r16
03-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Anyone know of a generic bolt on spark arrestor? My crappy cobra system does not have one and the rangers out here don't like that. When I ride at the dunes it's not a problem, but on the trails here I need one.

JohnR.
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
We'd need to know which Cobra system you have and if you could post a pic the muffler outlet it would help too. I gave some advice a while back on this subject to someone with a DG system and I think it may carry over to your set up.

MonroeMike
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/search.jsp?searchString=Sparky+Spark+Arrestor+&store=&resultType=subCategories

p26575r16
03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't have any really good up close picks, but here is my original build thread that shows which system it is. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?64220-350X-project-before-during-and-somewhat-after&highlight=

JohnR.
03-11-2010, 12:11 AM
The Cobra clamp on arrestors are nice, I've had a couple of them on my 2 strokes. They did the job but we had a couple of instances where they fell off out in the dunes. Luckily we never lost one altogether but it would suck to lose a $60 part out there. What I really like is the Supertrapp discs that DG sells as a spark arrestor. Search for a thread I posted in a few months ago, I posted links to the DG parts on their site and gave a brief description of how I made them work on my 350X with a DG system that DG said wouldn't work with them. The nice thing with the DG disc set up is that you can put all the discs on if noise isn't that much of an issue and you can remove some to quiet the trike down for those areas that noise might be a problem.

John

p26575r16
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
I won't need one in the dunes, just when riding on the trails here. I would be a little conserned about it falling off on the trails here, they are very bumpy. I'll check into that dg disc setup you were talking about. I wish I had the stock exhaust for this trike still, it would be easy enough just to switch the system out. The cobra system is annoyingly loud and I really don't think it makes that big of a difference in power. I would consider buying a dg system, but they don't offer a spark arrestor system either for the 350x.

The Cobra clamp on arrestors are nice, I've had a couple of them on my 2 strokes. They did the job but we had a couple of instances where they fell off out in the dunes. Luckily we never lost one altogether but it would suck to lose a $60 part out there. What I really like is the Supertrapp discs that DG sells as a spark arrestor. Search for a thread I posted in a few months ago, I posted links to the DG parts on their site and gave a brief description of how I made them work on my 350X with a DG system that DG said wouldn't work with them. The nice thing with the DG disc set up is that you can put all the discs on if noise isn't that much of an issue and you can remove some to quiet the trike down for those areas that noise might be a problem.

John

p26575r16
03-11-2010, 01:08 AM
None of these will fit. I need a 3 1/2" diameter one.

p26575r16
03-11-2010, 01:33 AM
This would work perfect if it's the right size. Anyone know the diameter of this, I can't seem to find them. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?&navType=type&webTypeId=51&navTitle=Exhaust&webCatId=18&prodFamilyId=4677

JohnR.
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
That looks like it has potential. I hate to sound like a broken record but the Supertrapp set up is ideal. It covers your spark arrestor issue and it quiets down the obnoxious Cobra/DG exhaust. It doesn't even require any welding to install.

John

darkestskydiver
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
has anyone ever heard of a coffman exhaust system? my old 200x had this system on it, it sounded really good. just wondering cause i have never heard of them

JohnR.
03-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I would suggest searching "coffman" or starting your own thread on that topic.

Mr_RPM
03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
the cobra "sparky" slip on spark arrestors work great, buddy's banshee runs them with no problems, and my dads YZ490 runs one with no problem.