PDA

View Full Version : YTM200 - Can I Remove & Install the Cam Chain WITHOUT removing the Flywheel?

mattb348
03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
If I take off the Flywheel cover can I put on a new cam chain that way? I think it may be possible to put the chain over and then behind the flywheel, then feed it up through (or grab it with a magnet) and pull it up through to the top cam gear.

But the question is, can it fit behind the flywheel and get onto that little gear on the bottom, WITHOUT removing the flywheel?

I don't have the puller to remove the flywheel, and I can already tell that I am never going to find the right one. And even if I DID manage to, it would probably cost a lot more than it is worth.

Lastly..... do cam chains generally wear out? Mine is to lose, even with the cam chain tensioner adjusted ALL of the way in.

MonroeMike
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
AutoZone has Loan a Tool, ask for a universal three way puller.

firecat
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
they do stretch and it throws the timing of and then they run like chit just rent a puller if u dont want to buy one . mine paid for itself in beer everytime one of my freinds need it it costs them a twelve pack. rental fee