PDA

View Full Version : ebay scam

200x Basket
08-24-2003, 05:23 PM
there are several different scams like this running around.

Today i got an email that looked like an official eBay email. It had the ebay logo, safe harbor logo, and quoted some ebay policies. the letter was asking me to verify my account so it would not get suspended. They wanted my account ID, my password, my full name, my credit card number, and other information. this is a scam!!!!!!! I can forward the email or better yet maybe someone (COUGH) could host it and make a sticky out of this post for all the 3WW users to see. these people will clean out your account and steal you identity. this is a BIG deal you you need to very careful. EBAY nor PAYPAL will ever ask you for your password, they already have that info on file. so be sure that you NEVER update any info through email, it is a TRAP.

if you would like the letter forwarded you post you email in this link.

tecatecrazy
08-24-2003, 09:19 PM
I got the same email about six months ago and reported it to ebay. they confirmed my suspecions. these scam artists generally target users that use their email address for ebay username. I immediatly changed usernames and I suggest everyone else do the same.---Joe 8)

AirManCam
08-26-2003, 11:11 PM
That scam was in my local paper today. I think any one that does that is going to be one sorry **edited by moderator** !

mkramm
08-27-2003, 10:36 AM
You have to use a credit card to sign up for ebaY??? Man Im gettin old.

REDMAN225
08-29-2003, 01:12 AM
thanks for the heads up!

KXT
09-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah i got nailed on that ebay / paypal scam pretty bad i got ripped off $1650.00, i'm really slow i guess. but i got it back thank god i was going to the bank to cash a check that is how i found out that my money was gone but i had the bank stop it & they got it in time. the transaction was being made the same time that i was at the bank. no more paypal for me. no thanks :evil: