PDA

View Full Version : 87 200x questions

willrideanythin
03-08-2010, 11:45 PM
My 200x kicks over fine, But doesnt return to the dis engaged position. It staty engaged by about 1 inch, I have to pull it back by hand. It has sat for about a year:( and I never had this issue befor. Any ideas?

Next Id like to put some sort of throttle cover on it, Does any one know of a cover that fits? How about an updated throttle like a 400ex one. Covers for them are everywhere. Will a newer throttle fit directly on?

honda200x1987
03-09-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty sure your kickstart spring is a little weak, it maybe worn out or may have slipped out of the correct position. You would have to remove the clutch cover and replace that spring or adjust it.

Aka_am
03-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Im not sure the throttle cover. My Dennis Kirk mag, has all honda the same on alot of stuff. Ask someone to try it!

willrideanythin
03-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm pretty sure your kick start spring is a little weak, it maybe worn out or may have slipped out of the correct position. You would have to remove the clutch cover and replace that spring or adjust it.

I figured that, I forgot to mention I just replaced the clutch. It was fine befor so Im guessing its just out of place. Well Im hoping its just out of place.