PDA

View Full Version : Honda 450r 3wheeler- what parts to use

hawaiirider
03-07-2010, 12:45 AM
hi im getting ready too rebuild my 450dirtbike with the banshee motor in it youve seen on bikersville. while its down im gonna turn it into a trike as where i live in alaska i can use a trike on the streets legally, the dirtbike is just too sketch on the ice.
heres what i plan to order:
crf450r triples to widen forks- will have them machined wider
atc 250r front wheel with all assembly neccasary- im keeping the stock crf forks they rock!
honda trx450r swingarm, axle and all neccasary parts
i plan to use my subframe and mod a trx fender and seat to fit it
does this sound right? ive seen quite a few atc450s built on here im on a budget tho so its gonna be a basic build for now, if anybody has advice or parts let me know!
i also plan to keep my rear suspension and swingarm from the dirtbike and cut the swingarm in half, then machine a peice to bolt the trx one on, a quick release :idea:

Dirtcrasher
03-07-2010, 12:48 PM
You may get better tips in the Mad scientist Lair......

IDK if you can use that tripple clamp even with boring it out. You have to space it wide enough to support a wide trike tire and to have the correct rake...........

Derrick Adams
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
450 trike and budget don't mix. Go to "the mad scientists lair" section of this forum. There are several 450 builds in there to choose from.

Aka_am
03-07-2010, 07:15 PM
450 trike and budget don't mix. Go to "the mad scientists lair" section of this forum. There are several 450 builds in there to choose from.

I can get a swinger, carrier, axle and dogbones for a trx450 for 100 on ebay. 104? for the 6061 for the aluminum for the triples. 2-300 for the machining of the triple. From there though, it can go cheap or expensive.

Me personally, I'd be buying a welder and doing my own diy cnc, so I'd tack on 1500. I also have to get the CRF first and I've seen one I like for 900, needs a crank. I'm in the expensive category. This is basically buying a used race ready bike, or a "new" Honda bike now.

hawaiirider
03-08-2010, 12:11 AM
i saw the parts on ebay for cheap, you gotta build the triples outta aluninum? that could be hassle, also if anybody knows can you use the stock subframe and will can a 250r trip be modded to fit these are the questions that would help alot. can i switch this tread to the mad scientist lair? this will be a sweet bike a alunimum framed banshee trike!!

Aka_am
03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
You wouldn't have to do aluminum.