PDA

View Full Version : switching out the top end of a ytm 200er

200x_rider
03-06-2010, 04:25 PM
ok i have a ytm 200er and i just bought it two or three days ago and it needs piston and rings the guy i got it from gave me a whole new top end of the motor and said that all i had to do was take the transmisson out the back and move the motor back unscrew the 4 bolts and take the tubes off and put the new gaskit on and screw the new top end on and i shouldnt even have to go to a shop to do it does anyone know if this is true or another way to do it thanks.

MonroeMike
03-06-2010, 04:30 PM
You have some studying to do.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/ytm200&225-fm200_clymer_manual.pdf

rickybudz
03-07-2010, 05:28 AM
You might as well read that manual, because when it comes to Yamaha there isn't much help ANYWHERE! Now if it was a Honda...... and this is obvious. It took me 13 hours after you posted to just let you know, after seeing no replys to your post, with the exception of Mike with your manual! Your better off just mentioning your problem with out mentioning your make, then you'll get replys! The ONLY reason I continue on this site is for my Honda I own as well. But when it comes to Yamaha, your pretty much on your own!

rickybudz
03-07-2010, 08:06 AM
See how you guys are with these Yamaha's, now he's selling it cuz he's stumped! Great Job!
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?110033-Ytm200er-for-sale.....

cox
03-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Ummm, first off i got and still get lots of help with my yamaha's here at this great site. There are a choice few on here that really know their stuff about them. Dont chop them down because honda is the majority here. The reason he is selling because he didnt read up on it or is unable to do the job himself. Mike gave him the link for his manual, which is really all he needs. ive never done a topend yet, but i will be and it seems pretty easy to me. Just gotta read up on it. look for different threads from other people who have done it, on this forum and others. The power of google is grand...

rickybudz
03-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I never let this get me down with my bike, I struggled on and got my bike 98% done with the manual and MY own common sense! I am not chopping anyone down, just stating the obvious. This site caters more to the Honda, and this is no secret! I make it a point to try and help people on here with the Yamaha's when I can, cuz I know their post will slip through the cracks without reply! I hate to say it, but where were you when he needed help, or the select few you were referring too?(Besides Mike) This post went unanswered for 13 hours with out help, as do a lot of post dealing with Yamaha's, except the Tri Z. Your right tho, there are a few select that have much knowledge, but it is focused on the Honda for the most part. I wasn't looking to debate, I just don't like the lack of respect for the Yamaha. I'm glad someone helped you on your major problems, but my buddy the manual, helped me! Not to mention, how can you say this is a easy job. You never done it yourself! It really doesn't matter any more now does it? He has lost interest in this bike! As for the searching forums..... Good Luck! Like I said, I stay here for my Honda, not my Yamaha! I am done with this piticular thread, the fact is. It is what it is!

cox
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
I woulda commented but i got a life outside this page unfortunately and Im sure others do as well. 13 hrs is not that long anyways. I said it seems like it will be easy, i research alot before i do anything, and it doesn't seem to be to bad. But i have other mechanical experience. Depends on the person. I dont think the site "caters" more to honda. There is prolly just way more 70cc - 200cc Honda's than 70cc - 225cc Yamaha's. If the majority rides red then that's what they talk about and have questions for. Truth be told, my Yamaha's have been better to me than the Honda's i have had. But again, thats just me. And i prefer the 2 strokes.

rickybudz
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree Cox. I don't mean any harm, just that it is frustrating, well WAS frustrating! I do agree Yamaha made a stronger bike! At least in my experience(maybe to keep up with Honda), I have rode 200 Honda's and my 200ern would out power them any day!!!! But then Honda made the 350X, with which nothing compares! I just hate it that there isn't much dedicatication to Yamaha 3 wheelers anywhere on the net! Bits and pieces, but not enough!