PDA

View Full Version : Need your help guys

kchopper
03-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I have a 83 honda 200 atc that won't start. Was running fine one day and the next it wouldn't start. Has no spark. I have a parts wheeler here that i am not 100 percent sure it has good parts. Anyways I tried a new plug, used coil, used box by coil and used 2 wire box inside cdi box. Sorry not real familiar with these or there parts. If you could tell me some things to test to help pin point the problem. I am an automotive mechanic so don't be afraid to tell me how to test things. I should be able to figure it out, I just normally don't work on driveability issues, usually I do A/C and electrical work. Thanks for any help. I'm ready to start testing parts!

Mr_RPM
03-06-2010, 03:46 PM
well since your an auto mechanic i hope you have a multi meter, start probing around the wire harness and look for shorts or breaks in the wires, also try swapping out the stator, i have had horrible luck with stators going bad on me. luckly u have a parts bike so hopefully its just a switch back and forth kinda deal till its figured out.