PDA

View Full Version : 200x spark/starting issue?; 200x trailer hitch?

TheRealFatShady
03-06-2010, 12:52 AM
I have two issues:

1. Has anyone put a trailer hitch on the 83-85 200x? If so, how was it done/pictures?

2. I can't get this X engine to start. Getting gas, even tried spraying carb spray directly into cylinder to start. (It did start, once.) However, it doesn't always spark. When it does, it sometimes seems real weak.

I tried another used plug I had, and took the plug wire + coil off my perfectly running 200s. If I try to kick start it, it sparks most of the time, with a weaker-than-standard spark. I must let the kickstarter go all the way back up in-between kicks or it won't spark.

What do you think the issue could be? Compression seems good, and it did actually start once. I know both plugs were used, but I've seen original plugs in 25-35+ year old machines still working. And I doubt both were bad.

Thanks

atc500x
03-06-2010, 01:04 AM
check the gap between pickup coil and rotor,if the cam is worn the cap will be excessive.And check the stator.....many honda 200 have this problem and the exciter coil is bad.

TheRealFatShady
03-06-2010, 01:51 AM
I have a spare stator/all other elec. parts from a running 185s. Anyone know if those will all work on this 200x?