PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki klt 200c..HELP

jaxum up
03-05-2010, 03:38 AM
how do i get this thing to hold a charge...got a new battery..where is the charging system located?
the plastic is destroyed can i find it any wear....can i mount a tank up top and bye pass the fuel pump...the pump works but heard they are problems..
is there a free manual on line for this bike...............please help..it was free and gotta get it running to get the gf off my back...oh and i get it to run good then it revs up and gas comes out the intake...so i thank the carb isnt level or the float....anyone know the float level.......

cox
03-05-2010, 10:49 AM
wrong forum...

WisconsinJohn
03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
This is the wrong forum, didn't see if ya posted elsewhere. Just finishing up an '81 klt 200 myself. It is tough to find much of anything part wise. I did see a fender on e-bay for $150 (used) . Haven't rode mine enough to tell ya about the fuel pump...I put a gas filter from the hardware store in it and changed the lines. Don't know too much about the carb as i am still dialing mine in... The charging system is a dynamo located on the left (or shifter side). Look up the vin# to get a year and buy a manual...it's worth it. Type in kawasaki klt on ebay and you will find some parts. Good luck! I am taking pics of mine in the next week to post, although it's not mint, it has been 100% improved.

squirrel1182
04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
http://www.skidoopartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx Try there i'm going to order parts for mine sometime this week from there.