PDA

View Full Version : My NEW 60 buck find!!!

Shorty
02-28-2010, 01:21 AM
A 1983 atc 110. It needs rear fenders, front & rear mud flaps and the trunk lid. It did not come with a motor but he left at a local motor shop to get re built (Because of a bent connecting rod and a blown piston).So I will look into picking it up if its still there . But if not I will look for a stock motor or a 125m motor. The bike it self is in pretty good condition for its year.It came with a REALY nice title. I will try and post pics tomorrow.

Shorty

Yamaha_Rules69
02-28-2010, 01:34 PM
The 125m motor is an upright motor, like a 185 or 200. I dont think it would work on a 110, but maybe you could use a atc90 motor as well as the 110.

DeePa
02-28-2010, 01:53 PM
the early 125's were lay downs....

3wheelmecca
02-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I am selling a TRX125 motor with no trans, but turns over good. PM me if you're interested.

Shorty
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I found this on craigs.http://monterey.craigslist.org/mcy/1607489124.html

Also does any one know the specs on this motor? Som one told me that they had a 5 speed tranny with high low range and reverse :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:??????so can some one find me the specs on this motor? And if some one can help me find a carb, manifold, coil, key switch ETC ETC that would be GREAT!!!

black02ktm
02-28-2010, 05:19 PM
They made both horizontal and semi-vertical 125m's. The horizontal looks like a 110 but says 125m on the CDI cover.

Vealmonkey
02-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Looks like you better be getting busy. LOL If you don't have a bunch of parts at your immediate disposal, this $60 deal may end up being more like a $500 dollar deal when it's done. But it is the start of a project and projects can go either way. It should be a good learning experience, but you need to do all the leg work and get all the pieces and the gasket kit and bearings and such and get busy wrenching and sanding and painting. Put a classified in the classified section. But don't ask other to find all your parts. If that is the case you should have bought a more complete ride to start with. This stuff is suppose to be fun. Get busy. You found an engine, don't stop there. But you haven't posted a pic of what you are starting with. So no one knows if you need a wiring harness or what all you need. But figure a gasket kit, bearings front and rear and a new chain. You will figure out pretty quickly what all else you need. But a wiring harness or the coil and cdi box and lights and stuff can get pricey. And I don't know if you heard that trx125 engine run or not? How about do you know if it will shift through all the gears or if the clutch is trashed. These things can drive a cheap projects' cost up very quickly. I'm happy for you and your new project, but don't lose sight of the fact that what you have is a bunch of unknown condition parts that may end up costing you alot to get going. Try and have fun, but don't lose sight of the reality, or your project will be a pain in the butt and the wallet really quick. Best of luck.

Shorty
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks veal.Hey do you think I can EMAIL the pics of the bike and you can post them for me? I have been Trying to post pics.But am I doing some thing wrong???

Vealmonkey
02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I just got to work, but if you want to mail them to my email address, I can post them up tomorrow if that is ok? I don't mind helping and I'll help you get your pics going too. Just don't get discouiraged, you do have a little bit of a project ahead of you, but it's not a total loss....until I see the pics of the frame that is. LOL Pm me and I will send you my email address.

Vealmonkey
03-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Here are the pics shorty sent me.

MudBug
03-01-2010, 04:47 PM
:lol::lol: @ the dogs sniffing each other in the back ^^

zppeacock
03-01-2010, 07:46 PM
That motor that you found on craigslist doesnt have the high/low that the 125m atcs had. Because its out of the trx125 it has reverse. It will bolt into your frame and you will have to get a wiring harness for it and battery if wanted to use the electric start. And you will be one of a few 83 110/125 with reverse.