PDA

View Full Version : 200x misses

slippy4
08-21-2003, 11:00 PM
My 84 200x will miss or some what of a pop when your in or above 3rd gear. a couple of times it tried to shut off but it never did. i changed the plug and still does it. and fuel is getting there as it does not do it constant just randomly (more so when your putting at the same speed for a bit) any ideas?

speed20
08-22-2003, 01:57 AM
sounds to me like something in the jetting....any modifications????

Howdy
08-22-2003, 08:09 AM
My 84 200x will miss or some what of a pop when your in or above 3rd gear. a couple of times it tried to shut off but it never did. i changed the plug and still does it. and fuel is getting there as it does not do it constant just randomly (more so when your putting at the same speed for a bit) any ideas?

Check the CDI advancer springs and or the timing. The advancer is on the end of the cam. If even one of the springs are bad it won't run correctly.
Howdy

slippy4
08-22-2003, 09:36 AM
the advancer springs sound more so to me, ill check them later. the only mod i really have is a DG exhaust and the jetting was fine and this just happend suddenly yesturday. think it could be the coil? if i remember right last time i checked for spark it wasnt a blue spark but only a yellow one.

TG
08-22-2003, 11:55 AM
think it could be the coil? if i remember right last time i checked for spark it wasnt a blue spark but only a yellow one.

Yellow is not a good color for spark, should be blue or white. Might be coil but first thing to check is wiring connectors. Years of vibration and corrosion can ruin them.

TimSr
08-22-2003, 12:07 PM
....and its a good idea to replace the $3 plug boot before swapping out a coil.

slippy4
08-22-2003, 02:18 PM
ill try the boot first, but the connections should all be good (just got the bike put back together in july from a frame up painting and a total going through) let you know how it goes.