PDA

View Full Version : finishing up 350x rider - couple questions

QCR77
02-27-2010, 01:03 AM
well my 350x is almost done, but i got a few questions. just keep in mind that it is a rider and will not be "all original" anytime soon. this is what i got left/questions/issue -

1. can you get after market grommets for tank mount and fender mount. or is there something that people use to get by?
2. i am going to paint my tank. should i use engine enamel? they have white and also a clear coat
3. i ordered the 3 part kreem system, but my tank is already lined except for one little spot in there. i dropped in 2000 bb's and half gallon of gas and shook the crap outta it, drained and repeated about 10 times till what came out was clear gas. i will be buying a plastic tank in the next couple months, should i just roll with what i got for a while?
4. my chain is pretty loose. is there a tensioner somewhere? if not should i buy one of those sweet blue o-ring chains off ebay for $50 ? do i need to count the teeth on my sprockets before ya'll can help?
5. should i be using regular 10w 40 oil or the same valvoline wet clutch oil i was running in my other atcs?
6. how can i get an affordable muffler/silencer?

im sure theres more but this i what im wondering right now. thanks for any help you can offer. the bike is coming along well and looking sick.

aldochina
02-27-2010, 01:11 AM
ebay is great for small stuff. like grommets, although the fender rubbers are hard to come by cheap. I dont know how the new sealer will adhere to the old in your tank, unless you plan on stripping out the old sealer. If your gonna get a plastic tank anyway just by a small inline filter and rock it. you adjust the chain by turning the bearing carrier. I use honda gn4 in my atc's, but im sure alot of people just use run of the mill 10 40. always cheap stock exhaust setups on ebay. post up some pics dude!!

MonroeMike
02-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Chain adjustment, page 3-9.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/atc350x_85-86_servicemanual.pdf

SeaBass8
02-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Unless there disco'd I would check servicehonda.com for the grommets you need. Prolly be about the same as ebay except new.

Good luck!

QCR77
02-28-2010, 12:29 AM
booyah. thanks for the help guys. had a great day workin on the trike. got the grommets ordered , thanks seabass. checked my chain slack and it doesnt even need to be tightened, thanks mike, and not gonna mess with the kreem, thanks china. also bought the fiberglass and repacked my dg pipe, good to go. got 2 coats of primer on the tank so far and i guess i'll just keep running the wet clutch oil. i will be posting before and after pics as soon as its all together.