PDA

View Full Version : vin identification

shane
08-21-2003, 07:51 PM
I just picked up a Yamaha 200 three wheeler tonight. It was free, and that was a good price. Just wondering where the VIN can be found on the trike and any other ways I might identify what year it is? Thanks.

Billy Golightly
08-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Sitting on the bike, turn the handlebars to the extreme left, get off the bike and look on the "Steering Head" on the frame. This is should be part of the frame right behind the headlight (Assuming it has one). You might need to use some sandpaper or a knife to scrape the rust off to read it if its rusty. The VIN will be stamped into the frame and will be a fairly short (Compared to the Honda VIN's) I think its like 5-6 digits/numbers max. After you get that VIN you can call your local dealership and read it off to them. Unfourtantly there isn't a VIN decoding book like there is for Honda's and the other makes, which is a pitty. So, when your dealer tells you what you have and what year it is, make sure you right it down in a good place you'll be able to find and not lose.

bigred110
08-24-2003, 12:21 AM
here's a site that list first few vin numbers of a yamaha three wheeler.

http://64.30.217.113/speedandsportinc/index.html

Howdy
08-24-2003, 01:03 AM
I just picked up a Yamaha 200 three wheeler tonight. It was free, and that was a good price. Just wondering where the VIN can be found on the trike and any other ways I might identify what year it is? Thanks.

If you get me the vin number, and tell me if it's chain or shaft drive I will look it up. I have a way to check Yamaha Vins. I need to get them added to the spex pages. I don't have time right now though. lol
Howdy

tulsamike3434
08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Thank You Ill call my friend at honda if he can look them up I will try to learn how or get a burnt copy of the vin cd. And I will upload it