PDA

View Full Version : how does the 84-85 tecate perform?

Yamaha_Rules69
08-21-2003, 11:57 AM
I know it is a very fast machine, but how does it perform otherwise? How is it on jumps, and would it be a good machine to race against quads on a newer style track, like today? Whats up with the fat front tire? You wouldnt think it would turn as good as a skinnier tire. Let me know what you guys think. I cant wait to get mine running good. Thanx for the input. )

TimSr
08-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Youll do fine on drags, but on an MX track, its great if your going out to have fun, and it truly is, but be prepared for a good butt kicking! Also be prepared for twice the rush, and twice the respect youll get for getting your butt kicked on a trike, as you get for finishing near the front on a good quad. Yet another Co. Fair Race this Sunday!

TeCaTe_MaN
08-21-2003, 02:08 PM
the fat front tire bites really good in turns, and grips really good in sand too and i can jump real good on mine, but make sure your shock isnt blown..mine was and i was jumping it and the sprocket/chain almost ate a hole in my silencer :? but i sanded it all down good as new after i go it rebuilt..it....is........a............drag........ ......machine :twisted: smokes absolutely everything in a drag race...i have smoked banshees, raptors, 250r's it is all in shifting thou, gotta shift fast as **edited** and know when to shift...i always start a drag in 2nd...works the best for me ;)

Yamaha_Rules69
08-21-2003, 06:03 PM
I always knew it would be a very fast dragger. The suspension seems wierd tho. Its not like my 200x shock (trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro trike). My 200x shock seems a lot stiffer, but maybe its just me. My tecate shock seals are blowen up, but even before that it seemed soft. Its tightened 3/4 the way too. I think the tecate would be a great machine to race on MX tracks against Blasters. (200-250cc class) Dont you guys agree? Thanks for the input, and keep it coming. -D

ATC crazy
08-21-2003, 08:03 PM
If I remember right, the '86's had a ton of improvements over the 84-85 models. I would go down that path if you are set on gettin a Tecate.