PDA

View Full Version : Need answers on 84 200es CDI

cox
02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok, i need to know if i should just buy one off ebay or if the 200M CDI will work. i have the 200M one and it plugs in and all. But no electric start and the reverse light stays on. i didnt have a chance to check for spark. I read somewhere that you can break a pin off or something. for the life of me i cannot find where i read that. I dont care about the electric start for now. id just like to see it run again, and move. Maybe my Google-Fu is weak, or im just half retarded or a mix of both. but i cannot find any info on this. any help would be much helpful, thank you in advance.

Cox

atctim
02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Only a 1984 200ES CDI will work on the 1984 200ES.

leokendall
12-29-2010, 09:57 PM
humm any honda 3 wheeler cdi can be worked for a 200es. All you got to do is find the pin layout color on the cdi and trailprotrailpro set.
I got a 83 atc200e cdi on my 200es right now.
The CI on my bike failed and i was searching for months for another one and then one day someone gave me another cdi bu from a different 3 wheeler. I typed in the numbers what was printed on it and it turned out to be from a 83 atc200e.
I thing downloaded the service manual to find out which pins were what. Then i soldered the corresponding color wire to each pin.

With the wires soldered to each pin i started splicing it into my 200es wiring harness.
The black/yellow wire ran to the coil. (remove the old clip and left it off)
From the engine i un-plugged black/red wire that goes to the wiring harness and tied it into the red/black wire that coming from the 83 00e cdi instead.
The Black wire from the 200e i just spliced it into a wire from the ignition switch.
I then unplugged the blue wire from the pick-up coil and tied it to the blue/yellow wire on the 200e cdi.
The Green wire i just grounded out.

I took the old CDI off the harness and left it off. I could of cut the wires on the cdi clip but i wanted to leave it intack if one day i could find the proper one.

Everything still works as it should except you can start the bhike in any gear and in reverse.

leokendall
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/leokendall/untitled-1.jpg
forgot to post cdi image

CRAZY70MAN
12-30-2010, 10:28 PM
interesting??? The 969 cdi is the only "direct plug in" for the 200es.....I spent lots of time looking for one but finally did for a good price after getting ripped off from "RHODES" for 70 bucks. Never thought to splice and use anothe....thought the reverse was an issue for another cdi but obviously not?? I may just print out that wire diagram just in case?? Good luck