PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 Carb Insulator - How important is it?

jb2wheels
02-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi Everybody -

How important is the carb insulator (between the carb and intake manifold) on an ATC 110?

I'm working on a 90/110 hybrid built mostly from free/cheap Craigslist baskets of parts.
The engine is from an 84 ATC 110. It ran before but not well - about 100 PSI of compression. I rebuilt the top end (rings/hone/valve lap) and rebuilt the carb today with a fresh carb kit.

During the rebuild, I figured out the carb isolator is missing. The carb was installed with a gasket between the carb (with oring) and manifold.

If it's important - does anybody have one they'd like to send me for the cost of shipping?

Thanks for your help.

jeswinehart
02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes, very important. it acts as a heat diffuser, soaking up and dissipating the heat so it don't travel up the intake and boil the gas in the carb.
It will run normal until the machine is good and warm then it will basically vapor lock.
Sorry, don't have one but it can be easily made from heat resistant material such as delrin or HMWV (sp?)
Basically the same material as a cutting board.
john

mopar_man
02-21-2010, 03:32 PM
If you've got a Honda dealer nearby, they should still be available new. If they can't get it, it's only $3.34 + shipping from powersportspro.com.