PDA

View Full Version : 350x carb issues..dry plug

AJZ_200X
02-18-2010, 10:14 PM
I cannot seem to get my 350x running. I changed the plug but still nothing (lights flicker when i kick it over so its not the coil). I am getting spark. It takes a lot of might to kick it over and the kicker seems to fly back really quick which nails me in the schin everytime (never did this before). The thumb throttle only goes in half way compared to what it used to before this problem. The carb leaks gas out of the bottom nipple which is located on the back side of the carb which i believe is the overflow. I cannot seem to find out what the problem is.

I have not yet taken the carb off to inspect. Just wondering what the problem could be? Could the float be bad? Why would the thumb throttle only go part way open - decompression cable maybe? Is a needle bad? Any help would be appreciated. Ill try to post pics shortly. THANKS!

AJZ_200X
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
also, I dont know if the lines to the carb. are hooked up correctly. Does anyone have a good picture of what lines go where?

rickybudz
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Dude, that is one nice ride. I think that is the BEST color scheme I have seen yet! I will pm you with some pics and info!

AJZ_200X
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM
this problem is with my 85'..the white one in my sign. is my 86' i just sold. thanks

AJZ_200X
02-20-2010, 04:14 PM
ok. I got the carb off and looked at it. The piston is stuck in the cylinder and is pretty much frozen in position. The bowl is a golden brown color with a bunch of black crud stuck at the bottom and on the float valve, main jet & slow jet. I cant figure out how to go about getting the piston to move? do i soak it in what? The seals look good as well as the choke and throttle linkage. The only thing im concerned with at this moment is the piston (venturi valve ) and the golden brown crap at the bottom of the bowl...the jets can easily be changed...

ailll1
02-21-2010, 02:03 AM
the brown crap is normal if it didnt ran for a while ,its dried gas or maybe rust from the tank which is not supposed to as its in plastic
just soak the bowl is carb cleaner(make sure the remove all rubber and plastics part) and brush it with a tooth brush.
that should do it
but i cant help you for the piston as you call it