PDA

View Full Version : carb jetting.

yeppimcody
02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
okay i am almost done with my 250r rebuld but im going to need to re jwt it so. i need to no what to order to do this.do i ned to order new jet needes or jets them sel for both? if the jets them self do i but the main and pilot jets? also how do i mesure to find the size of my mikuni tm carb? thanks in advance guys :naughty:

Mr_RPM
02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
well first off what do u have done to the 250r? what parts do u have that are not stock, cant tell you what size you need with out an idea of whats done to it
and you are probably going to need to get a bigger main jet, possibly a pilot jet and possibly a new needle depending on what you have done to the engine.

yeppimcody
02-16-2010, 08:43 PM
welli bought if and the guy i bought it from put an aftermarker exust on im not shure what it is i cant find a name any where on it. but long story short he dint re jet it and i blew the motor so i have it sent out to be bored out i have a feeling its going to be .20 to .30 over. all the after market parts as far as the motor goes

Mr_RPM
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
well im not to experienced with 2 strokes, but your probably not going to need a pilot jet or new needle, just a bigger main jet, as for the size, id go 20 bigger than stock (not sure of the number, but go what that number is +20 if that number you have is stock) try it out and not sure how to tell if your running lean on a 2 stroke other than pulling the plug and seeing what color it is, if its black its to rich and go smaller (reduse jet size by 5 id say) and test again, if its white or lighter shade than normal, then go bigger your running lean (the reason you blew up), maybe is spaces of 5 and keep testing till your at a good color. but im sure someone will reply with a much better answer, im not a 2 stroke guy and have little experience with the engine. thats just what i would do with mine since i have loads of jets around to test and play with, but as for the beginning number i have no clue if 20 bigger is even close to where you wanna start. just what i have averaged on my 4 stroke builds.

MonroeMike
02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?55086-Carb-Jetting-101-Terms-Tips-and-Jetting-Theory