PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me out here

MudBug
02-15-2010, 07:57 PM
So my friend comes to school with a timing chain of some sort around his wrist, and we get talking about bikes. (This is the same guy who wouldnt let me adjust his throttle) So , looking for a laugh I ask him what a timing chain does.

Warning: This next sentence may be hurtfully stupid to some. Squeamish look away :lol:

"it keeps your bike on the right timing good, so that when you shifts, it shifts at the right time and your bike doesnt jump when you shift. Like you know when my bike shifts, it jumps? thats cause my timing chain is broke."

I couldnt even correct him right away it was that funny :lol:

So when I tell him that it spins the cam and opens the valves at the right time according to the stroke of the piston, he doesnt believe me. Says im making this up.

So can one of you guys write down exactly what a timing/cam chain does so I can show him that I am not just making it up :lol:

Thanks, MB

bonkers_200s
02-15-2010, 08:05 PM
You hit it on the head. The timing chain connects the crank and cam shafts, allowing the cam shaft to open and close the intake/exhaust valves on the proper stroke of the piston.

Mr_RPM
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
LMFAO wow you have very slow friends, now not everyone is an expert thats ok. but the fact that he says your wrong and making it up, priceless

MudBug
02-15-2010, 10:05 PM
:lol: Its even worse that he ALWAYS talks about fixing bikes and stuff, and doesnt have the slightest clue. And for my age, I do know alot and Im mechanically inclined, which is why it bothers me. Nobody else seems to care, but, if you dont know squat about it, dont act like you do.

code200k
02-15-2010, 11:15 PM
ya cant fix stupid..ive learned to just walk away at times like this

Mr_RPM
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
:lol: Its even worse that he ALWAYS talks about fixing bikes and stuff, and doesnt have the slightest clue. And for my age, I do know alot and Im mechanically inclined, which is why it bothers me. Nobody else seems to care, but, if you dont know squat about it, dont act like you do.

i was the same way, my father is a mechanic so i learned everything early, so back in school and with my friends they would act like they knew everything and didnt, people are so ignorant, dont bother trying to fight with them. just prove your skill by doing/fixing things out of class.

riverrat
02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
A timing chain goes around your neck. It's thick and gold, and at the end is a big clock.
Tell your friend to wear one and make sure he gets to school on TIME so he doesn't miss the class on mechanical timing chains :)

atc350xer
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
^^hehehe... that's good^^