PDA

View Full Version : Putting spring back in recoil case

TheRealFatShady
02-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Anyone have any tips for putting a spring back in a recoil case? I have two to do, and it simply seems impossible. After hours of trying and lots of hand cramps and frustration, I come here hoping someone has some insight.

Thanks

Twilight
02-13-2010, 02:19 AM
My method is to start it off on the hook, then work it around in a circle, using one hand to feed it, and another to push it down. Use all five fingers to hold what you put down and work in a circle.

have AIM or something I can show on webcam how i did it?

TheRealFatShady
02-13-2010, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the tip, but I'm not certain (when you say the hook) if you mean the center hook or the one at the far outside end of the spring that hooks onto the edge in the pullstart cover/case.

Twilight
02-13-2010, 03:13 AM
the one that hooks into the case

also... make sure you put it in the right way, lol my first time it put in backwards

TheRealFatShady
02-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Alright, I will try that tomorrow and post up if I get it. Thanks for the tip.

juggaloclownz18
02-13-2010, 11:02 AM
1.) Put down some wood (plywood or something) and stab a flathead screwdriver into the wood....

2.) Hook the loop around the blade of the screwdriver and spin it as tight as you can get it, takes some times of pulling the slack out and twisting it around some more until its tight

3.) once its tight put two pairs of vice grips on to hold the "circle" (one on each side) then pick it up as one whole unit and set it inside your recoil, and get the hell outta the way when you release the vice grips, works every time!

DO NOT FORGET GLOVES AND EYEWEAR WHILE DOING THIS OR YOU WILL END UP SORRY!

This is the safest way i found, every other way hurts your hands as you wind it, or its dangerous, these springs will explode if they get weak so please be careful and wear eyewear and gloves or you will be sorry if something bad happens :p