PDA

View Full Version : couple of carb questions.

darkestskydiver
02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Starting off I did a search and found alot of good info. But there are a few questions I still have. First. When I got the bike the carb did not even have a main jet in it. So I searched around and found that I needed to get a 170 main. ( this is on an 86 tecate) my other issue is that I needed to compensate for the higher altitude that I live and ride in. apprx 5300ft so I got a couple of jets. A 150 and a 160 right now I am running the 150 and it seems to run pretty good, my other issue is it is fairly cold right now with snow falling occasionally. So I need to compensate for this as well. Now to the questions.
Reading the other forum posts I gather that with my altitude I need to lean the mixture out to allow for the thinner air, but on the other hand I also need to richen it up? To allow for the cold weather:wondering??? A lil confusing as to what I should be starting with.
I have another carb with the stock jetting in it and in the summertime it will rev out and run decent, but a couple of weeks ago when I got it running again it would not even rev enough to get into the power band. Is this due to the weather or could something else be amiss?? Sorry if I rambled a bit just want to make sure all the relevant info is there.