PDA

View Full Version : Cheap seals / main bearrings on ebay ?'s

Yamaha_Rules69
02-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has tried the cheap engine oil seal kits on ebay that run about $20, and the main bearring kits that run about $35? They are an unknown brand or no name to them to my knowlege. What do you think about them, and would anyone recommend them?

JohnR.
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Main bearings and seals aren't the place to buy cheap IMHO.

jeffatc250r
02-08-2010, 09:26 PM
^^ X2

All Balls uses koyo or nachi bearings. Ive gotten the kits with either-or. Both are a top-line bearing as far as im concerned. And they come with seals that seem to be good quality. The kits usually run about 50 bucks

Yamaha_Rules69
02-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I have used moose main bearrings in the past, and I know they hold up great, and are also a little cheaper. I looked at the auctions again, and the brand name on the main bearrings are BOSS racing. I havnt heard anything about them, and dont recall seeing them in any catalogs. Are these still a no go, or will they be allright?

fabiodriven
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I never use anything but OEM for main bearings and seals. Just my personal preference.

tw05tr0k35
02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Oem or Nachi bearings and OE or NOK brand seals. Nachi and NOK supply Honda. There are less expensive ways to get Nachi and NOK products if you do some digging. All you need is the dimensions of each part and they are easily sourceable locally from most industrial bearing supply companies. I even sourced a new bearing for my counterbalancer so I didn't have to buy the whole thing.

Dirtcrasher
02-09-2010, 07:29 PM
EBAY bearings are for wheel bearings, steering head bearings and axle bearings (that may be questionable too)

OEM for mains/seals at a dealer that doesn't upcharge too much is my choice.........

I myself wouldn't use Mosse either unless it's a re-packaged good brand. A 6203 is not a 6203; It is dimension wise, but the tolerances within it are not equal.

torker
02-10-2010, 01:53 AM
KOYOS baby. Or just talk to DAD's here on the boards (or on .org) he has you covered. He's an Allballs dealer.
Great price and fast shipping. Gotten all my bikes bearings (+ lots for other bikes) from him.

TORKER.