PDA

View Full Version : carb confusoin- alt 50

Daltons200x
02-06-2010, 07:39 PM
hey guys. ive been messin with my 50 latley and i just cant get the carb to cooperate. nomatter what i do it doesnt change the way the carb behaves. it starts up and runs like it is running way rich and bogging really bad, then it clears up and runs great for about a minuet, then it boggs down and shuts down like its not getting fuel. ive cleaned all the jets and holes out and ive been messing with the c-clip and the adjustment screws but nothing seems to change. im pretty stumped at this point and really wanna play in the snow with the little guy tomarrow so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dalton

hdeuce
02-07-2010, 10:37 AM
this is your best bet, it will run like brand new again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-LT-JR-50-Carburetor-Air-Box-Assy-JR50-LT50_W0QQitemZ390152994965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor cycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad6ee4095

CRAZY70MAN
02-07-2010, 10:41 AM
do you premix or use injector oil tank?? I removed mine and premix, seemed to be the way to go for me?? Could be part of problem??

Daltons200x
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
when i got it the oil tank was gone..so i just converted the rest of it to run premix. it looks like some1 has been in this carb befor and messed with it but i cant seem to figure out what they did. i actually didnt think you could get new carbs for these anymore, but now that i know that i think im just gonna take the easy way out and invest in a new one. since its the only thing holding me back on it now

Thanks, Dalton

dz
02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
I had one a long time ago. When the oil tank was removed, you have to block off the injection nipple at the base of the intake where it attaches to the engine or it will act funny and run lean because its just sucks in air. If it sat for awhile the crank seal behind the flywheel could have gone bad too. Also, there is a restrictor plate in the exhaust that can be removed (I think its the exhaust but there could be one under the intake going into the engine too). Most if not all of the engine parts can still be obtained because its the same as the lt50 which they made for many many years. I think there was a dg exhaust made for them too?