PDA

View Full Version : Paul turner pipe info wanted

KASEY
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I HAVE 4 PAUL TURNER PIPES. i would like some info, woods pipe is pretty easy to figure out hi-rev also,, but i have one that just says paul turner on it and i have one that says TYPE 6 so if anyone has any knowledge help me out,,, the no marking pipe will come off this weekend to compare it to the others to see if i can figure out what it was built for...

beets442
02-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Does this help? http://www.atvworld.com/racing(duncan3)2stokepipes.htm

petesatc
02-06-2010, 10:34 AM
hey Kasey got any pics??? pretty sure type 6 is a woods pipe

Mosh
02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
I know for sure on the TRX, the Type 6 is a low end midrange pipe for the TRX.
And I do mean LOW end. It acts much like a Banshee 2-1 pipe set-up.
It chokes the motor off in the upper RPM"S but give massive low end grunt.
I know that does not relate to the trikes, but I figure they label those pipes the same for trikes and quads.

Does the type 6 have some funky S bends in it?

KASEY
02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
as you can see they are almost identical, the biggest difference is the type 6 stays fatter longer at the end of the pipe,,,

http://i46.tinypic.com/j5fk3q.jpg

Mosh
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
That is odd.They are close in the same shape.
Oh well, there goes my theory..Hehe.
I saw they list the Type 6 ATC pipe as a good low and mid pipe.

harryredtrike
02-07-2010, 03:03 AM
want to sell any of them

JohnR.
02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
I already bought the Hi-Rev one. :D I'd love to try one of the Type 6's to see how it works on the ice track. It'd probably be nice on a small track where you can't carry a ton of corner speed.

Bryan Raffa
02-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I already bought the Hi-Rev one. :D I'd love to try one of the Type 6's to see how it works on the ice track. It'd probably be nice on a small track where you can't carry a ton of corner speed.

Ill have to make a small track this year...:lol:

ditchmud
02-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I just put a woods pipe on MaMa boy's 250r. It pulls hard out of the bottom, almost too hard. It was a little surprising on the first ride. New pipe, new carb (thanks Kasey) and fresh top end! It put a grin on my chubby face from ear to ear! I'm not too sure how well it will work out on the MX track but we will find out soon.

JohnR.
02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd think that on a MX track a woods pipe would be better than a straight top end one unless it was a wide open, really fast track.

poohbee1
05-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I have seen a paul turner pipe with just his name on it .In 1985 my friend i raced with had his motor done by paul turner and the pipe that was on it just said paul turner and the pipes on Marty Harts bikes im pretty sure just say paul turner on them.Im pretty sure that pipe predates duncan racing and could have been made by paul turner himself . I rode my friends bike several times and it was a power house when you cracked open the throttle all the power was there instantly almost like it didnt have a powerband but it was predictable and smooth.