PDA

View Full Version : took the KXT500 on the ice this weekend

danimal95
02-04-2010, 02:06 PM
got some good time with the T5 out on the lake this weekend:Dseems like it is really gonna haul some *ss in the sand.pretty much any gear at any rpm it will do wheelies until i get off the throttle:pi was able to do some relly long and hard WOT pulls and got the jetting dialed in,really didnt have any issues except for a bolt or two backing out,need more lok-tite:cool:i am relly excited to see how it will perform in the sand,i think it wil be unbelivably fast.i am startin my swing arm lengthening next week i will be adding 3" to the stock swinger,i have already spoke with a machinist friend of mine who will be helping with perfectly straught cuts as well as machining the slugs to add length.i will start a new thread when i have it all apart and keep it updated,thia may be something that i can do for other members for relatively cheap

Racerguy381
02-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Good to hear, how far up did you end up going on the jets?

yammer hammer
02-05-2010, 06:56 AM
wheres the pics? and videos?

danimal95
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Good to hear, how far up did you end up going on the jets?

ended up with a 178 main,and a 62 pilot,stilll needs some low rpm tuning,it has really weird throttle charicteristics under 1/2 throttle???

danimal95
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
wheres the pics? and videos?

sorry i dint get either,mabey this sunday we are going back out...tghey are also doing the radar runs out on the lake this weekend,i may see if they will let me do that as well:)

yammer hammer
02-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Kay post up some pics dude!

Racerguy381
02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
1/2 Throttle is mostly your needle, move the clip up or down see if it improves either direction. With that pod you may have to jump up to a richer needle all together. Check out the Sudco website and you can see the OEM needle comparison chart to see what needle # you may need. If not you can always get on OEM from your local dealer.

alexandros
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
where did you ended up with front and rear sprocket?

danimal95
02-06-2010, 12:25 PM
1/2 Throttle is mostly your needle, move the clip up or down see if it improves either direction. With that pod you may have to jump up to a richer needle all together. Check out the Sudco website and you can see the OEM needle comparison chart to see what needle # you may need. If not you can always get on OEM from your local dealer.
thanks,i thought the needle mad echanges throughout the throttle range,i will look into that

danimal95
02-06-2010, 12:27 PM
where did you ended up with front and rear sprocket?
i had a front 14 tooth off my banshee that fit perfectly,and i havent ordered the rear yet so i am still rolling on the T3 stock 37 tooth...it feels like it would do 120+ with this gearing:)