PDA

View Full Version : a few more pics

1983HondATC185S
02-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Here's a couple I couldn't fit on the last post.........
By the way, I'm an Amsoil dealer if anyone needs lubes. I'm running Amsoil full synthetic 10W-30 motorcycle oil in my trike along with synthetic greases for the wheel bearings and spray grease for the chain.

gddhoyt
02-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Looks great! I am planning a spring resto for my 1983 200. Can you provide a little more detail regarding your preparation process prior to painting? Did you sandblast the frame/parts? I want to do whatever you did because I think it looks awesome. thanks.

1983HondATC185S
02-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks, I'm real happy with the way it turned out. As far as paint, I used all RustOleum rattle-can products. On the rusty areas, or crevices that had dirt stuck in them, I wire brushed them. On parts that still had paint, I used 320 grit to take the shine off and smooth em out some. I cleaned everything using brake parts cleaner spray and a clean shop rag where needed. I used the professional line of primer since it seems to have decent filler qualities. I put down one good coat of primer, then 3 or four coats of the gloss enamel. The first coat should be light, then slightly heavier the last three or four coats. I went for durablility and rust protection over show quality, but it still looks good. Make sure it's at least 60 degrees when you spray, and let the parts warm up if they're real cold. If not, you could end up with dull patches or a crinkle effect. Don't forget ventilation. I did it the old fashioned way by hand cause I didn't wanna put a ton of money into the project, and I don't have a media blaster. If you have access to one, though, I would definitely use it cause they work great.

Mr_RPM
02-13-2010, 05:41 PM
that looks GREAT! i plan on doing the same to my atc110, but im more worried about building the engine then looks, but im not to far from where u got with that thing. i LOVE IT :TrikesOwn