PDA

View Full Version : Tires & Wheels again

Frankencelery
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I've come to the conclusion that there are no decent zero offset 8" rims in the universe. Those on ebay usually insultingly claim "a little rust" and there's barely any metal on them. Because my 200s is a utility trike and not a daily rider, I've been reluctant to spend a bunch of cash on tires and rims, but I'm ready to give in and buy a set for the back.

Since it's utility, I'm tempted just to go with a cheap Duro knobby, but what do you guys think of Duro's Mud and Sand tire? I know both are only 2-ply, and I'm not sure how much difference that makes. I do know that the knobbies won't move the machine through the snow at all. I'm just going to buy a combo at Rocky Mountain ATV, but I need some ideas on what to get. For the rim I'm just going to do an ITP steel wheel, unless anyone has a reason to avoid those. On a utility trike, I can't see the harm, it's not like I'm jumping the thing or anything. Well, not much anyway! :D

ctk
01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Look up the lumberjack tires. Very strong and got tons of bite. They go thru mud no problem.

Frankencelery
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
The Lumberjack is a Cheng Chin tire, with almost the same tread as the Duro Mud & Sand. I'm going to buy a combo, with tires already mounted, and Rocky Mountain ATV doesn't offer that one.

TheRealFatShady
01-31-2010, 01:18 AM
If you're not looking to spend much, look around for quad tires/smaller tires.

I just got a 200s a few days ago. Wheels were the worst I've ever seen on any bike.

I had two spare honda four wheeler wheels, with the middle pieces. Bolted right on. Then I took a front end with wheel off my atc110 and that fit right on.

Sad to say, but you can probably pay less for all 3 tires + rims than just one tire itself would cost new.