PDA

View Full Version : Does a YTM200 have a rev limiter???

mattb348
01-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Does anyone know if a YTM200 has a rev limiter? And if so, what component causes the rev limit? The CDI?

code200k
01-24-2010, 01:03 AM
huh good question i don't think so..hows the ytm holding up?

harryredtrike
01-24-2010, 01:15 AM
no.is it acting like it does.boggiing out?

big yeller
01-24-2010, 02:56 AM
i dont think...i got mine pretty high but got kinda scared so let off.

Frankencelery
01-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Funny you said that. I thought the same thing about my 225dx when I first got it. It cuts out at high RPM. Then I just decided it was the Cobra exhaust causing the problem. I've never really looked into it beyond that.

mattb348
01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Turns out that I do NOT think that my YTM200 has a rev limiter. I thought that it may have had one, but that was becuase the bike was not even running right.
My bike was skipping really badly, and it seemed to cut out on the higher RPM's (that is why I thought it was hitting a rev limiter).

Anyways, after a lot of screwing around, I (well my dad to be exact) finally figured out what the problem was. The valves were way, WAY out of adjustment. They were so out of whack that the air filter box was BLOWING air rather than sucking LOL. This is how my dad figured out what the problem was.

The valves are adjusted to the proper specs now, and the bike runs amazing. I revved the CRAP out of it, and if there IS a rev limiter, I did not end up hitting it. I guess the chances of a 1983 ATC having a rev limiter are pretty slim.

I'm just glad that my ytm200 runs great again...