PDA

View Full Version : 1982 110 Honda atc

1tenatc
01-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Hey i got a 82 110 three wheeler about two days ago, it didnt run when i got it because it was sitting for a while, i changed the oil,gas, cleaned the carb, and ajusted to the stock specs, after it did that it fired right up and i rode it around, the idle seemd fine untill about 20 mins or so, then the rpms were higher than normal i wouldnt have to give it any gas and it would pull me along i pulled out my screw driver and tryed to turn it down but it would not go down if i screw the idle screw in it goes up but out dose nothing, now before i got it it only ran with the choke on once it was cleaned and ajusted it no longer had to be on.
So i checked the sparkplug its burning at the right temp by the looks air filter is clean throttle was not stuck on, pilot screw was stock 1 1/2 out i just donno whats going on, any help? Also ill add the tank was pretty rusty so i thrwe some screws in it with some paint thinner and clead it out a bit. it no longer has the screen in the petcock i took it out cause the rust was clogging it and i just wanted an inline filter. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks,
eric.

MonroeMike
01-20-2010, 08:09 AM
I think you're gonna have issues until you fix the rusty tank. Get the fuel filter on there too.

Stock carb settings

Pilot 1-1/8 turns out

Needle clip - 3rd from top

harryredtrike
01-20-2010, 09:14 AM
you'll need an inline fuel filter,like on lawn tractor.take your carb apart and clean reset your settings to factory specs. address that rusty tank too.get some muratic acid from a pool supply or hardware store,eats rust like crazy.

TheRealFatShady
01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I had rust in my tank, and had the same problem. Sometimes the throttle cable got stuck, other times it revved up as if it was stuck.

I cleaned the carb and added a fuel filter. It got clogged within 20 minutes of use. It was clear, so I could see all the brown buildup inside of it. So then I put on a plastic tank. I swapped the throttle cable, also.

I still get that problem, and when I turn my bars to the right, it revs up uncontrollably. I need to check to see the cable isn't getting pinched and probably clean the carb again.

1tenatc
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Solved the problem today, the gasket on the float bole was craked leaking fuel put an inline filter in and 1 1/8 out for pilot. i might put some thread lock on the pilot tho i not sure if it would work but after riding it viberates out from 1 1/8 to like 3 turns out so hopefully it dosnt just fall outone day. the tank it still rusty but the filter is stopping ALOT of the rust. and ya mmy throttle gets stuck on only when i turn sharp to the right. but thatks for the help guys.

as for the plastic tank or some rest stuff id like to fix it up but just dont have the money right now i just used some marine weld to fix a big hole in it lol wroks really damn well actually im thinking about buying a bore kit eventually but, i donno how uch power it would even give me so you guys think its worth it?

mopar_man
01-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Is the o-ring still on your pilot screw? That should stop it from backing out.

big yeller
01-20-2010, 10:56 PM
the best way to approach the rusty tank is to put some rocks in your tank like 1/2" in diameter or so and put some varisol in it and shake it around. the put gas in it and shake that around. it will remove alot of rust but you will still get some in the filter. thats what i had to do to my little 110, it was very bad in the rust department.

Benjahmin
02-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Be sure the spring on the pilot screw isn't shot! It should provide the correct resistance so it wouldn't vibrate out. Might even try just stretching the spring a little bit. (for that extra resistance.) If you do go with the thread lock, be very careful not to get too much or get it on the end of the screw. I'd imagine that would probably make it run bad and be terrible to try and get out. Just saying. Good luck!

black02ktm
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Running a $2.99 clear inline filter is the best thing you can do for any ride. First, do it right and clean the tank and carb out completely. You dont need the fuel inlet screen if you run an inline filter. I ALWAYS run a inline filter on ALL my bikes and stuff to save myself from having issues or having to clean the carb again. I think a clear filter with gold screen on clear blue fuel hose with a real nice mechanics wire job looks great, plus you will be able to see the little traces of rust and contamination that you missed getting caught.

As for the o-ring, if you don't have a better option like ordering a carb rebuild kit (there only about $15, dratv.com), lots of local hardware, hydraulic and auto parts stores have a vast array of o-rings, thread locker is gonna mess up your carb, possibly clog the passages and might even be soluble in gasoline.

tulsamike3434
02-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Post some pictures.