PDA

View Full Version : KXT500 guys need advice on induction

danimal95
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
if you read my other post the machine is together and running:Bouncelooks very stock,in trying to keep that theme,it looks like if i swap out the K5 reed cagewith the KTX250 cage i could possible run the stock airbox.....njow my question is will the stock box be a restriction or not.it would be very easy to make a 3" induction with a big filter under the seat,but with how factory appearing it has turned out it almost makes sense to run the stock box,any opinions welcome

alexandros
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
what carb are you using? pwk 39? All you need is a straight carb boot to fit it. you keep the kx 500 reeds, just change the carb boot. I use in my tecate a carb boot that jeswinehart make with a kx 500 carb in it and i use the air box as well.

danimal95
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
what carb are you using? pwk 39? All you need is a straight carb boot to fit it. you keep the kx 500 reeds, just change the carb boot. I use in my tecate a carb boot that jeswinehart make with a kx 500 carb in it and i use the air box as well.

do you think tha the stock T3 air box is a restriction and double the displacement?

danimal95
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
also i need some imput on gearing what tooth counts should i go with??it is mostly going to be a dune/ice machine but i would like to keep some bottom end in it as well

alexandros
01-18-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't thing there will be a restriction on air from this air box. the kxt 86 air box is very big, as i saw in the ebay some kx 500 air box that are for sale, they have the same size with kx 250 air boxs.

Now for the gearing someone more expert, or somone that has already done the same convercion should help you