PDA

View Full Version : 200x beatin on a quad.. and 200x issue

4cfed
01-09-2010, 06:43 PM
well start with what everyone likes to hear.. 3 wheels beatin on 4.. Friend of mine has a 92? honda 250x, filter, piped, cam, he came out riding with me on the river today.. And he insisted i race him.. same results every time.. id just walk away from him!!!! over and over.. than he disided to roost me with snow, no big deal im wearing ahelmet, goggles, and face mask.. so i fire back.. 5th gear wide open throw a roost about 6-7 feet high at him... he didnt have a brain bucket on.. ooops haha free face wash!

now my problem.. after riding for a while when i turn left my 200x will act like it shut off and if i turn so the front is straight it comes back on, loose wires to the switch?? or cracked wires in the harness shortin out when i turn?? it did it once going straight and the machine shut off at about 40, the last time it did it i was prob doing 10 mph went to turn left to go back up by my trailer and it stalled and it straighten out and BAAANNNGGGGG!! shot a 3 foot flame out of the exhaust sounded like a 12g going off!! acared the crap out of me..

wiring issue?? or???

Daltons200x
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
ide just take the tank off and make sure the wires arent caught on anything and that there are no bare wires. at least to start anyway.

4cfed
01-09-2010, 06:52 PM
thats what im gonna do, and see if there are any rubbed threw spots near the frame/ triple tree.. its 25 years old im sure something is up by now

DixiePlowboy
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I'd definitely lean toward a shorting-wire issue.

4cfed
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd definitely lean toward a shorting-wire issue.

thats what i was thinking. its only after i been riding for a while, so maybe water is gettin in somewhere and causing a short somewhere.. idk its wierd. but annoying... it runs like achamp and handles its own when its not doing this

Daltons200x
01-09-2010, 07:04 PM
also if urs is still wrapped in that black electrical tape stuff that they wrapped the harness in from the factory. i had a few wires rubbing against each other and wore the coating off inside there. so when i took the tank of and checked everything it all looked good but they were shorting inside the housing type thing. but i wouldnt go cutting that apart yet if its just when u turn its probably somethin getting snagged

4cfed
01-09-2010, 07:14 PM
also if urs is still wrapped in that black electrical tape stuff that they wrapped the harness in from the factory. i had a few wires rubbing against each other and wore the coating off inside there. so when i took the tank of and checked everything it all looked good but they were shorting inside the housing type thing. but i wouldnt go cutting that apart yet if its just when u turn its probably somethin getting snagged

ok.. like i said.. im gonna check from the switch first and make my way down the harness.. ill prob end up having to start the machine and roll the harness between my fingers and see if it does anything

harryredtrike
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
fire it up at night with no lights on,then look for arching youll see the short

4cfed
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
fire it up at night with no lights on,then look for arching youll see the short

not if its inside the shrink tubing( tape?) w/e the stuff is thats covering the harness.