PDA

View Full Version : need yt125 help

yt125man
01-09-2010, 04:40 PM
ok i found out i didnt blow the top eend on my yt125 because it has good compression. but it still has a problem and i dont know wht it iss. ok it is spittinng oil out of the brether tube coming out of the crank case and it used to be able to just gun it nd it would go but nowyou have to go on the throttle slowly. why is it doing this??? iit just happened without a warnning or a sound why??? does any1 know what is going on???

Rural Newfie By
01-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I get oil coming out of that vent too when I put a little too much oil into it. Usually when mine starts to run like crap or starts working funny it's something with the carb. A good cleaning and resetting and it sounds like a giant yellow chainsaw again and runs like I know she can.

yt125man
01-09-2010, 06:28 PM
i have never replaced the oil in it in the 3 years ive owned it.

Yamaha_Rules69
01-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Replace the spark plug, and give the carb a good cleaning.

yt125man
01-09-2010, 07:03 PM
o but what about the oil coming out of the breather??? dad said it was because of blow by but it has good compression im confused :(

old-yellow
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I am thinking that the right side crankshaft seal is bad and its is blowing crankcase pressure into the transmission and pushing oil out the breather

Vealmonkey
01-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I think old yellow may be onto something here. First of all. I would give your poor trike a nice oil change and a new spark plug just because. Next I would pull the reeds and check them out real good just cause the trike is over 25 years old and it's needs just a little check up. Make sure you have new reed gaskets and maybe you want to install some new Boysen reeds. It will give your trike a little added pep. I do think you may have a case leaking though. But I would still change alot of the gaskets that are easy to get to and also change the vent lines just cause it's an easy thing to do and it will help keep water out of places you don't want it to get into. You are lucky you haven't lunched the engine without changing the engine oil like that. I would never be so lucky! LOL

yt125man
01-11-2010, 09:51 PM
hey guys i changed the spark plug and now it runs like a dream :) thanks for all the help dik if its still spitting oil out or not but im gonna ride it this weekend and check then :)

Vealmonkey
01-12-2010, 01:19 AM
What is "dik"?????????

yt125man
01-12-2010, 03:32 AM
sorry i meant idk but thanks for all the help and ill keep you upddated :)

dirt_19
01-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I am thinking that the right side crankshaft seal is bad and its is blowing crankcase pressure into the transmission and pushing oil out the breather

i agree with old yellow sounds like a milder version of whats going with the i 125 i got but mines a way past changing a fouled plug mines sucking the gear box dry and when u take the fill cap of the idle rpm jumps up

old-yellow
02-15-2010, 01:36 AM
YT125man and Dirt19 did you ever get your trikes to stop burning oil and spitting it out the transmission breather?

gabeshong
07-25-2010, 12:45 AM
For the guys telling him to change his oil... im just wondering how do you change oil on a 2 stoke?