PDA

View Full Version : 200x clutch

Daltons200x
01-08-2010, 09:33 PM
hey guys, i replaced the clutches in my 200x but im having trouble getting the side cover back on. ive tried serching but i cant seem to figure it out. the problem is when i get the cover on i cant get the clutch lever thing to have tension like it did when i removed it. i know theres a spring and the little notch in the shaft. so when the clutch is engages should the little plunger thing in the middle of the clutch be in the notch or the other way around? sorry for the confusing question, but im really confused myself lol.

thanks,Dalton

RodKnockRacing
01-08-2010, 09:47 PM
the notch has to be on the plunger in order for it to go on

Daltons200x
01-08-2010, 11:16 PM
so just twist it around till the spring is tight, then line the notch up and slide the cover on?

Yamaha_Rules69
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Have you refered to the service manual? Here is a link to one. http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/

harryredtrike
01-09-2010, 04:03 AM
read the manual,and follow.its easy

Daltons200x
01-09-2010, 06:59 PM
alrighty well i found out what i was doing wrong and all is good now. just another quick question tho. the clutch i just put in i took out of a spare motor i had, but the clutch out of the extra engine had yellow springs and the stock ones were green. is there a certain aftermarket company that makes their spring yellow? the spring also felt a little stiffer than the stockers. thay may have just been my imagination because i thought they were aftermarket. the clutch came out of a good engine that im waiting on a head gasket for that i know had a real tight clutch. i orderd a new set but im going racing next weekend and the new clutches wouldnt be here in time so i had to use what i had. so did i get lucky and just happen to ahve a bit of a performance clutch on my hands? or no? it really doesnt matter as long as it works im just curious.

Thanks, Dalton