PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x light problem it real dim

Jonpin
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
like the title says the lights are real dim and come on slowly front and rear im sure someone knows exactly what the problem is im just hoping its not expensive :) any help here would be appreciated.

shortline10
01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Check your grounds / wires if all is good its probably the lighting stator . I have had them go bad before and the lights are dim .

Dirtcrasher
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
A lighting stator is something I'd try to do myself.......

I'd drop by an electric motor shop (have them do it if you don't want to deal with it) or I'd pick there brains for awhile. The right amount of turns, wire and the final resistance is all you need. I bet it's a piece of cake :D

I just hate giving my money away and why buy another used lighting coil??

The one thing about yours is that it's matched perfect for the output (or your bulbs would blow) because you don't have a voltage regulator!!

Sorry for my ramble, lol...........

Jonpin
01-05-2010, 04:23 AM
A lighting stator is something I'd try to do myself.......

I'd drop by an electric motor shop (have them do it if you don't want to deal with it) or I'd pick there brains for awhile. The right amount of turns, wire and the final resistance is all you need. I bet it's a piece of cake :D

I just hate giving my money away and why buy another used lighting coil??

The one thing about yours is that it's matched perfect for the output (or your bulbs would blow) because you don't have a voltage regulator!!

Sorry for my ramble, lol...........

Yea thats true i was trying to figure out were the regulator was and after going nuts thinkin it was just cut off Ii broke down and looked in the book and there wasnt one "well that makes since why i couldnt find it", every other bike i have has one and i think even other year 200x's do. and rambles are fun i like to ramble to. :)