PDA

View Full Version : What is this crimped off hose

rickybudz
01-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Under the tail light, what is that hose crimped off? Leave it alone or fix it is the next part of question. Thanks guys for working with me!! Some what a newbie, but not for long!!!

Yamaha_Rules69
01-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I believe that is just a drain for the airbox, if it gets water in it you just drain it from there. Good luck with your machine, and hope to see it cleaned up and running real soon!!

harryredtrike
01-01-2010, 05:34 PM
dont touch it, thats how its supposed to be

dcreel
01-01-2010, 05:39 PM
dont touch it, thats how its supposed to be

Unless you want to drain any water in it. Then you have to touch it to get the water out. It's also not a bad idea to clean them occasionally as they get clogged with dirt and mud.

harryredtrike
01-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Unless you want to drain any water in it. Then you have to touch it to get the water out. It's also not a bad idea to clean them occasionally as they get clogged with dirt and mud.

duhhhhhhhhhhhh

rickybudz
01-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Watch it Harry!

jeffatc250r
01-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Does that thing run? Looks like its been sitting out for quite some time.

rickybudz
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM

It didnt run when I got it wensday, after some maintnence and a bolt tightened here and there and here and there, some wd-40,a battery, it fired right up and ran strong. I had to adjust the carb! It had dull green paint over the entire thing and some tree moss! It had been sitting in someone barn, for how long, I don't know! For $200 and a hundred buck camping generator I dint use. Im starting to feel like I got a steal. I havent been on one in 15 years, and this is my first restore. I will post my progress as I make it!

rickybudz
01-01-2010, 09:26 PM

It didnt run when I got it wensday, after some maintnence and a bolt tightened here and there and here and there, some wd-40,a battery, it fired right up and ran strong. I had to adjust the carb! It had dull green paint over the entire thing and some tree moss! It had been sitting in someone barn, for how long, I don't know! For $200 and a hundred buck camping generator I dint use. Im starting to feel like I got a steal. I havent been on one in 15 years, and this is my first restore. I will post my progress as I make it!