PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x on/off switch problems....

speed20
08-14-2003, 01:48 AM
i checked the wires and even put on another on/off switch and it still isnt working....it runs good....is there anything else i can check??? ive checked wires....

ATCnut
08-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Its got to be a broken wire or bad connction. The kill switch works by grounding out the ignition. If you know how to use a Ohm Meter, you should be able to chase it down.

speed20
08-18-2003, 02:27 AM
I cut the shrink tape or whatever off the wires for the on/off switch...and they dont seem to be broken or anything...can my coil or something like that be bad????

MountainRider
08-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Check the black wire right next to the plug where the switch harness connects to the main harness that goes from your kill switch to the CDI module. Also check the Dark Green wire coming out of the switch to ground.

speed20
08-18-2003, 09:46 PM
what do you want me to check on them....see if their broken or what?

MountainRider
08-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Without the motor running, check for continuity (0 ohms) between the Dg wire on the frame harness and ground. Seperate the connectors on the black wire, and give them a good visual inspection, i.e. no obvious broken wires, loose connection, etc.. While it's disconnected, connect the positive lead of an ohm meter to the half of the wire going to the switch, and connect the negative lead directly to ground. Actuate the on/off switch. In one position, it should read open (no continuity..OL on a digital meter...needle shouldn't move on analog meter). In the other position the meter should read 0 ohms. Sorry, it's been a while since i've had to troubleshoot this problem, and I don't remember which position should have continuity and which one shouldn't.