PDA

View Full Version : 85 Yamahauler- Did I get ripped?

rickybudz
12-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Well, new to the trike and haven't been on a bike for years! Just picked this up on CL yesterday for $300 and it runs. Well the engine fires up any way! Did I get ripped or a deal? Is there anything I should do before tring to ride, without any comment on the flat tires PLEASE! You know like change fluids and which ones, what to check! Any info on this would be great. I search the internet and really have found nothing of use, not much info except HERE! HELP me out guys..PLEASE! Any links for this bike would be great also! Thanks people.

MudBug
12-29-2009, 09:38 AM
clean carb, air filter, change engine and rear end oil, check petcock and fuel tank and put fresh gas in. Maybe throw in a new plug if needed. If it has any problems when running just post them on here again im sure you'll find answers! I thihnk thats a good bike for 300, if you find a way to recover the fenders back to their original shiny yellow, youll have a nice Yamahauler

MonroeMike
12-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Welcome to 3ww.

There's a manual for that here.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/ytm200&225-fm200_clymer_manual.pdf

ATCeeya
12-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Since its got reverse Id say you did alright. How is the recoil on the pull start I see the rope is hanging out? That trike is a good candidate for a fixer upper. Seat looks good, has front and rear racks which is a plus, front mudflap is still there. Definately change fluids. And work on cleanin up them plastics. I got a yamaha 200e myself. (same as yours but no reverse and chain driven) they run forever and are really good trikes.

rickybudz
12-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks! Very useful!!!

rickybudz
12-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks! Didnt even know there was oil to change in the rear!

rickybudz
12-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Pull start I think is just stuck out. Im going to take it off and see if I can just drench it in liquid wrench and get it working, or I will just put new battery in and check out the ele. start!

rickybudz
12-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the quick replies and info. You guys are the Sh*t!!!

fabiodriven
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't say you got ripped. It definately needs to be gone through, but it doesn't look half bad.

harryredtrike
12-29-2009, 10:32 AM
looks like youve been taken care of.not a bad pick up.just needs a good cleaning and go through it .if fuel tank is rusty run an inline fuel filter,pick one up at hardware store or auto store.go through and clean that carb really well,that should take care of many common problems.

fabiodriven
12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I think they have plastic tanks Harry.

rickybudz
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Well its final, change the front and rear oil,CLEAN the carb, fresh gas and and pretty much give it the once over. Thanks for the input and very helpful! I will keep you guys updated on the progress as it unfolds!

MudBug
12-29-2009, 02:07 PM
we look forward to pics too :D

big yeller
12-29-2009, 05:56 PM
thats a perdy decient trike for what ya got in it...trust me you will love it once you get riding it. thats a real good feature about the yamaha is the plastic tank...dont have to worry about rust unlike a honda. my plastic was like that when i got mine took a pressure washer to it and it turned yellow again BUT you prolly will not have any decals left. its kinda course also i could never get mine smooth and shiny :( if any one knows how to get the plastic smooth and shiny let me know!

the great gazoo
12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
3 clams for a 200 w/ reverse? Buddy, you got a deal. I was wondering what color the plastics were, & someone chimed in & said to try & get 'em back to yellow? Dang, I thought I'd seen the 1st dark tan YTM!!! On a more serious note, you can get those pups back to a nice yellow with Soft Scrub. I like the lemon w/ the bleach additive. It worked wonders for my YT..........

RacerRichie
12-29-2009, 10:33 PM
budz you paid a fair price but we need to see after its all done --------post some pics bra!

Bryan Raffa
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
right on! nice find! your one of the lucky ones with reverse...polish it up it will treat you well..:welcome:

Autophysn
12-30-2009, 01:44 AM
looks good! I do not think you got burned