PDA

View Full Version : 200x brake problems.

4cfed
12-27-2009, 09:00 PM
so i started working on the wifes 200x today, and got about as far as installin the brakes and fixing the exhaust, i CANNOT get any form of brakes to work on this thing!!!

BRAND new pads, calpers were bought from a local guy that only deals with 200x's complete and parts..

anyways, i spend a good hour trying to bleed the brakes, front fluid runs out like it should when bleeding brakes, Rear brakes.. try bleeding them and now and then i will get a tiny squirt out of the bleeder screw..

what is what hear?? front one feeds fluid.. seised piston? rear.. bad master? junk caliper???

oldskool83
12-28-2009, 05:25 PM
i never used 200x brakes at all, they are too old and to junky now. use somthing off a quad. 300ex rear calipers can be made to fit, yfz450 rear master cylinders fit the best, any master cylinder up front works also.

if you wanna try good quad stuff i got a ton for sale cheap that works!

Dirtcrasher
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I certainly agree that the newer stuff is more worth fixing.....

But, I take the old crap all apart, clean it an use a syringe to force the fluid back up to the master from the bleeder and it bleeds very fast!

4cfed
12-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I certainly agree that the newer stuff is more worth fixing.....

But, I take the old crap all apart, clean it an use a syringe to force the fluid back up to the master from the bleeder and it bleeds very fast!

yeah newer stuff would be nice BUT this is on the wifes machines, so if i went new stuff it would go on mine, even though my brakes work great!!.. i tried a suction bleeed, well sorta.. stuck a long straw over the bleeder on the rear and tryed to pump AND suck fluid threw... failed!!

im trying to get some form of brakes on this thing before thrusday, we have a new years eve ride planned with some friends,( yes sober) im guessing if i cant get something to work by then ill stick my front brakes onto hers, just so she can ride, Just have to limit her riding so she dont get outta hand in a situation where she needs front and rear brakes.

4cfed
12-29-2009, 12:12 AM
just got back in from the garage... the wifes 200x now has front brakes... decided to give bleeding them another shot, and now the front works, went to bleed the rears and the rear bleeder screw is rounded off, so i got to pull the one out of my other caliper.

side note,Got her rear fenders cut, Since the right side was busted off i cut the left to match untell we get new rears, And stitched the front fender also untell we get a new one, ( ill prob put mine on hers and do a 250r front on mine)
Got her exhaust tightend up, except where the muffler meets the header. Got her throttle and clutch set up where she wants them.