PDA

View Full Version : Help with 250R exhaust - PIC!!

Dirtcrasher
08-13-2003, 09:06 PM
We'll lets guess - I got a 250R which was bone stock but had no grab bar, no rear fender and no silencer - hmm, do ya think it got flipped over!! Ive bought 2 silencers and neither one seems to fit right. So please look at this pic and tell me - is the end of my pipe tweaked???? The pipe without a silencer seems very sloppy but the center rubber mount is there - it just seems like it needs a silencer to mount up solid? And where does the rear exhaust spring mount to - 2 front springs go to the cylinder but I don't see where that last spring goes. Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Jeb
08-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Cool, were both "new R blood"!

I just went and looked at my stock 86 Pipe and it doesn't look any different than yours the way it bends on the end. I have a stock silencer and it slips pretty nicely onto the pipe.

I was holding both pieces to slip the muffler on. D@mn that's a heavy exhaust system!

Dirtcrasher
08-13-2003, 09:54 PM

I just went and looked at my stock 86 Pipe and it doesn't look any different than yours the way it bends on the end. I have a stock silencer and it slips pretty nicely onto the pipe.

I was holding both pieces to slip the muffler on. D@mn that's a heavy exhaust system!

Yeah it slips ON fine and no cracks at the weld or obvious kinks but it won't line up to the double hole top mount and the single lower mount???

skippy
08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
where you got that bolt in the pipe, you need to get the bracket that goes to the frame.. take a look on partfish...

Dirtcrasher
08-13-2003, 10:37 PM
where you got that bolt in the pipe, you need to get the bracket that goes to the frame.. take a look on partfish...

I'm fairly certain I have all the brackets. 2 are single hole and then mount to frame - rubber mounts and then the top of the silencer has a double hole mounted rubber mount that goes to the frame - I think the mounts are correct. Thanks

ATC crazy
08-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Even if there is one slight bend in the pipe...it won't lign (sp) up right at the holes.

250rAL
08-14-2003, 09:49 AM
The 3rd spring holds the pipe and silencer together. There should be loops welded near the ends of each. What brands of silencer did you try? Mine had an Answer silencer with the stock pipe when I bought it, and now it has an FMF pipe with the same silencer. Both combinations go together easily.

Dirtcrasher
08-14-2003, 09:56 AM

Where are my manners!! Congrats JEB on another MX Trike to add to you stealth collection :-D Hope you enjoy it - at least there are a bunch more parts available for the 250R's.

I'll take a closer shot later of the pipe but I think this got flipped and tweaked. I think I'll strip out the air box and rear brake - protect the frame and heat up that end till I can mount the silencer up smooth. The pipe is perfect otherwise.