PDA

View Full Version : 185s trans problem

racer....X
12-24-2009, 06:20 PM
well I just put the top end back toghether on one of my honda 185s' , its runs great except for the shifting,When I go to put it gear the clutch dosent seem to be working.when you push down the shifter the it just bangs into gear, It pulls ok but even when shifting into a higher gear when rideing it still doent seem likethe clutch works.When you hold the shifter dowm after shifting the bike still trys to pull. Anoybody ever had this PROBLEM???

harryredtrike
12-25-2009, 01:03 AM
try to adjust your clutch if it's maxed out time for a new one.did it shift well before you did the top end?

racer....X
12-25-2009, 10:15 AM
This was an eng. I had from about 8 years ago. I got another 185 a few weeks ago and rebuilt the topend on the old eng because th e original eng has a bad crank.It shifted fine the lat time I had it running but its been setting along time. I never had the bottom end apart.I also hear something spinning for a bit after the eng. is shut off.

harryredtrike
12-25-2009, 03:53 PM
This was an eng. I had from about 8 years ago. I got another 185 a few weeks ago and rebuilt the topend on the old eng because th e original eng has a bad crank.It shifted fine the lat time I had it running but its been setting along time. I never had the bottom end apart.I also hear something spinning for a bit after the eng. is shut off.

i wouldnt worry about the spinning noise,mine does that with no ill effects

daniel_250r
12-25-2009, 03:56 PM
its hard to understand what you are trying t say but maybe your idle is really high making the clutch grab and it creeps away

racer....X
12-25-2009, 06:45 PM
all of my other hondas when you push the sifter down and hold it before letting up its like the clutch is disengaged and the trans doesnt pull.This one pulls even when holding down the shifter.When its setting in gear ideling it does not pull,but when you put it gear it goes in hard and learches forward like the clutch is not working.Even at higher speeds when shifting it kinda bangs into gear.

harryredtrike
12-25-2009, 07:03 PM
did you adjust the clutch yet?

racer....X
12-25-2009, 07:07 PM
no the nut on the outside came loose but the screw in the middle wont budge.

harryredtrike
12-25-2009, 07:16 PM
thats usually what happens when it is maxed out.all the adjustment is used.you can try a hand impact driver

racer....X
12-25-2009, 07:22 PM
thats usually what happens when it is maxed out.all the adjustment is used.you can try a hand impact driver

do you know what the adustment specs are?