PDA

View Full Version : New features! Blogs, Social Groups, Photo Albums

Dammit!
12-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I just wanted to take a second to draw everyone's attention to a couple of new features.

Users that have 1200+ posts and at least 3 years on the site can now posts blogs right here on the site. Other users can even subscribe to your blog. This is a good way to announce upcoming rides or whatever you want.

Social Groups! This is pretty cool. Click on the Social Groups button at the top of any page. BEFORE you make a new one, see if the same group already exists. If so, just join up! Group creators have the ability to make the group private, public or moderated (meaning you have to approve anyone who wants to join). There's already a few groups in there. Check it out!

Photo Albums. Doesn't need much explanation but I wanted to make sure everyone noticed it. Pretty cool!

SeaBass8
12-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Thats great stuff! Now I have a dumb question...

Whats the difference between a "blog" and a "thread"? I looked on Wikipedia and I don't really see what the difference is.

New site looks great! Thanks.

Dammit!
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
In a technical sense I suppose there isn't much difference. Mainly the blogs go in a different location on the site, and people can subscribe to a users blog so everytime they post one, they're notified. It's similar to a news article on the front page. More noticable than a typical forum thread.

We also have the ability now to promote good forum threads to news articles on the front page. :D

SeaBass8
12-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I gotcha. A thread is more about a specific topic wheres as a blog might be more like general updates from a person about anything they might have going on. Cool

oscarmayer
12-23-2009, 10:41 PM
i have 2100+ but 2.5 years.

Dammit!
12-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Only 6 months to go! Hang in there. :D

harryredtrike
12-24-2009, 01:00 AM
i like this site more and more everyday since the change over.

Dammit!
12-24-2009, 01:27 AM
It's taking some getting used to and there's some gremlins being worked out but, yeah. This is nice. :D