PDA

View Full Version : my new toy is already down

Trimotomike
12-19-2009, 12:30 PM
The 200x I bought a month ago was running great until yesterday . I was messing around in the yard and pulling wheelies when i noticed it felt like it was losing power so i took off across the yard and sure enough it died on me . Now it will only start with the choke on and its a pain in th a@# to start even then . It doesnt burn any oil and it seemed to run awesome before this .

I checked for spark its got plenty of spark , and when this first happen i pulled the plug and it was wet . could it have jumped timing or is this a definite carb issue ??? what the heck coulda happened to her ???

dcreel
12-19-2009, 12:40 PM
It sounds like a carb problem. Do you have an inline filter between the tank and the carb? Sounds like it might have pulled some junk into the carb.

Shawn72
12-19-2009, 12:42 PM
make sure to spray thru the jets

Trimotomike
12-19-2009, 12:49 PM
it does have an inline filter and the inside of the tank is rust free shiny metal , I geuss i will pull the carb and go through it then see what happens . It just starts to seem like if its not one thing its another and I need a bigger shop .

harryredtrike
12-19-2009, 08:04 PM
my first guess would be the carb.

Thorpe
12-19-2009, 08:43 PM
^^^ do that, and throw a fresh plug in it....

Tri-z addict
12-20-2009, 09:39 AM
The 200x I bought a month ago was running great until yesterday . I was messing around in the yard and pulling wheelies when i noticed it felt like it was losing power so i took off across the yard and sure enough it died on me . Now it will only start with the choke on and its a pain in th a@# to start even then . It doesnt burn any oil and it seemed to run awesome before this .

I checked for spark its got plenty of spark , and when this first happen i pulled the plug and it was wet . could it have jumped timing or is this a definite carb issue ??? what the heck coulda happened to her ???

IF THE PLUG WAS WET IT WAS GETTING FUEL BUT NO SPARK??!!?! OR FLOODING IF THERES CRAP IN THE NEEDLE JET TO STOP THE FUEL?

Trimotomike
12-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Alright well i ordered up a generic carb for the 200x on ebay ($47.99) put it on the trike and it runs like new again . Whats the deal ? how can these carbs be so much cheaper then the name brand carbs ? can someone tell me whats different about them? It seems to be a direct copy of the original , the slide and needle and cap fit the new carb like it was made for it . Im just glad to have it running .

rdlsz24
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
They are knockoffs, made in China. Really not much difference than the originals made by Honda, and since it isn't a part that sees any stress I wouldn't worry about it. If it was an axle or some other part that could cause injury if it failed, then it might be different.

Rob